Highlighted

Creative Cloud TypeKit Fonts not loading or syncing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I can't get my fonts from TypeKit to show up in the Creative Cloud app and therefore can't use them in my Applications. I've tried closing Creative Cloud, restarting the computer, and nothing.  What can I do?

Correct answer by liz_g | Adobe Employee

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this!  Are you on OS X?  It sounds like the Creative Cloud desktop application is unable to write to one of the files on your machine, and so the option is turned off.  This usually only affects OS X machines, though.

If you are on OS X, run these steps to fix the problem:

1. quit the Creative Cloud desktop application

2. from the Go menu in the Finder, choose Go to Folder

3. paste in this path and click Go:

~/Library/Preferences/

4. In the window that opens, you should see a list of files including com.adobe.accmac.plist

5. click on com.adobe.accmac.plist and rename it com.adobe.accmac.plist.old. You'll be asked to confirm that you want to change the extension to .old.

6. start the Creative Cloud desktop application again.

If that doesn't help, or you are using Windows, please send us the recent log files from your computer at support@typekit.com and we'll look into it further:

help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/1649149#logs

Thank you,

— liz

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creative Cloud TypeKit Fonts not loading or syncing

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I can't get my fonts from TypeKit to show up in the Creative Cloud app and therefore can't use them in my Applications. I've tried closing Creative Cloud, restarting the computer, and nothing.  What can I do?

Correct answer by liz_g | Adobe Employee

I'm sorry that you ran into trouble with this!  Are you on OS X?  It sounds like the Creative Cloud desktop application is unable to write to one of the files on your machine, and so the option is turned off.  This usually only affects OS X machines, though.

~/Library/Preferences/

4. In the window that opens, you should see a list of files including com.adobe.accmac.plist

5. click on com.adobe.accmac.plist and rename it com.adobe.accmac.plist.old. You'll be asked to confirm that you want to change the extension to .old.

If that doesn't help, or you are using Windows, please send us the recent log files from your computer at support@typekit.com and we'll look into it further:

Thank you,

— liz

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~/Library/Preferences/

Thank you,

— liz

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2015 3
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've ran into this problem, as well. This solution fixed it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and this fixed it as well!! Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2015 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fixed! thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2015 0
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to be the party pooper here, but this didn't fix things for me. Because I can't find the com.adobe.accmac.plist file in that folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2016 0