Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud upload error - via website, desktop and mobile app

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear fellow Adobe product users and Adobe support team

I have been experiencing problems with adding new files to the CC for the last couple of weeks. I have a licence for all CC products provided by my university. I am using the CC2018 apps on Windows 10 64bit, however this is not relevant I believe, because adding via website is not working for me either, not depending on which computer I log in into my CC account, therefore it cannot be an issue of firewall or my sortware/hardware configuration. The desktop app is notifying me "unable to sync due to server error" and the CC asset website is telling me simply that "error occured".

What does work is deleting the files, and it works even from the desktop sync. Adding anything is not possible by any means and I have no idea why. Is there a way to resolve this?

Looking forward to your reply

Kind regards

Wojciech Szmyt

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Hi Wojciech

I've also seen the server error occur in the past when collaborating a folder with others and one of the collaborators runs out of space. Once this occurs, anyone which attempts to sync files within the collaborated folder would receive a server error message, even if you have free space.

You can check if you have collaborated folders by going to this web address:

https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=shared

If you do see folders at that web address that means you have collaborated fold

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that my query is not getting much attention. I would like to add, that I am able to add folders and empty files, like txt with no charachters in them, but of course no pictures or no files with any content. Is there a way to debug it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wojciech,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I wondered if the issue was related to the type of license and account you have with the university. Do you know if you're using an enterprise type license? If so, that may be the reason. Is the email address you're using here on the forums the same one you're having issues with?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear David

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the e-mail address is the same. If it is the license issue, I find it strange, because in the beginning of my using the CC, the cloud storage worked fine, and suddenly after about a week it stopped working.

Kind regards

Wojciech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wojciech

I've also seen the server error occur in the past when collaborating a folder with others and one of the collaborators runs out of space. Once this occurs, anyone which attempts to sync files within the collaborated folder would receive a server error message, even if you have free space.

You can check if you have collaborated folders by going to this web address:

https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=shared

If you do see folders at that web address that means you have collaborated folders. I'd check to see if the files which are resulting in the server error are within a collaborated folder within the Creative Cloud Files folder locally.

If you do have collaborated folders, you might want to ensure who ever you are collaborating with has free space:

https://assets.adobe.com/activity/settings

and recommend that they empty their online archive here:

https://assets.adobe.com/files?filter=archive

or alternatively remove yourself or others any collaborations.

Please let me know if this helps,

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear David

Thank you for your time and effort in assisting me. It appears you are right, it was a problem of running out of free space. I wish you a nice day

Kind regards

Wojciech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help, glad you were able to determine the cause. Hope you have a good day too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines