Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud using more space than physically on a disk

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my Creative Cloud. When I open the CC application, there is information that 65 of 100GB of the storage is used right now, but when I check the physical storage used on my disk, it is only 30GB. I don't know where this additional 35GB come from. I tried signing out and logging in again, uninstalling the app, but nothing helped. Any ideas on this?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Thanks for checking those. You also might want to check the deleted files area online too here: Adobe Creative Cloud​

If there was a large number of files there that could account for it too.

Please let me know if that was it, or if it's still unexplained

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you only have the cc desktop app installed and no adobe programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the CC desktop app and many programs as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're comparing cloud storage with the space in a sync'd folder on your computer?

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly. I compared the size on my CC app and the Creafive Cloud folder on my computer disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Filip,

This could be because you have files in Lightroom online or Document Cloud, as these also count against your quota too.

You can check if this is the case from these links after signing in with the Adobe ID associated with your membership.

Could you check these and see if that is the cause?

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I signed in to these libraries, but I have no files in both of them.

I also deleted a few gigabytes from the CC folder on my computer to see what would happen, and the physical space on the disk was reduced, but nothing changed on the CC app and in the assets library on web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking those. You also might want to check the deleted files area online too here: Adobe Creative Cloud​

If there was a large number of files there that could account for it too.

Please let me know if that was it, or if it's still unexplained

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave for your help! I had lots of gigabytes of deleted files in the archive. It is fine now!

The only problem I have now is when I want to delete XD files I get an error: "Files could not be permanently deleted - Unexpected response: 412". Do you know what the reason of this error can be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay. I've been out of the office the last few weeks. I know the "Files could not be permanently deleted - Unexpected response: 412". error is something our developers are aware of and believe they are addressing soon. Are you still seeing the behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines