• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud using up all the space on the boot drive

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with CC generating massive amounts of files on my hard drive. I have a large capacity second drive but my system drive is only 150G. I was starting to get intermittent crashes today and when I looked at my hard drive it was 98% full. I keep almost everything on my second drive so I shouldn't have this problem. I used a program called space monger and found the same problem you have. I printed the first log, not realizing it was over 150 pages - so now I'm out of disc space and paper:).

Unfortunately, I can't ditch CC because I am in the middle of finals and I have three classes based on Adobe products. This is my first time on the forum because I can't find a way to fix the problem through the guides and the "chat" option keeps sending me here. I uninstalled all my apps and creative cloud hoping to put CC on the second hard drive but when I started CC to install it didn't give me 5 seconds before it was sending me messages about everything it was downloading.

If anyone can help me figure out where the settings are for CC libraries before I re-install, I would really appreciate it!  If I stumble across an answer, I'll post again for the next poor person going through this.

Good luck!!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joinaz,

I wasn't sure based on your post what Creative Cloud files were taking up the space.

You can change the installation location of products in the Creative Cloud app preferences.

There isn't an officially supported way to change the location of libraries but this thread may be helpful for you: Re: Set local directory of CC Libraries

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave -

I didn't see your reply until now -sorry for delayed response. I was notified of the last comment about the large log files and noticed this was similar to my issue. I moved my libraries and realized it wasn't what was causing the main issue. I deleted the log files and it hasn't happened again... I'll keep my fingers crossed:)

JOinAZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JOinAZ,

Thanks for following up. Glad you were able to discover the source of the issue. If the issue reoccurs, and you would be willing, collecting and sharing some example large log files with me would be useful. I'd share them with engineering to try to determine the cause.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This preference changing option only helps install new apps on different drive, but the space is still getting occupied on system drive while installing those softwares, and it takes away space even after finishing installation. At this point I'm not sure what's cache, what's software and what's actually could be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a log file that's 50 GB. I'm on Mac. Just did the reinstall and it somwhat helped. The log file is now 1,56 GB but the CC doesn't stop syncing. For a brief moment it says "Files updated" or "Sync completed" (but in swedish) and then immediately it says "Synchronizing" again and this goes on and on. It did the exact same thing before I did the reinstall and when I got the 50GB log file.

What is wrong? How to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue, I thought that CC would save all my final images that I've edited through LR onto the cloud and not personally on my HDD. I'm down to 3.XX GB left on my HDD and starting to get the warning pop-up on low space, @Adobe a little help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue.  . . .

I just decided to migrate my external hard drive file management system to the Creative Cloud since I was paying for it anyways.

I spoke with Adobe once, and they told me to speak with apple. I am in the process of posting in the Apple forums.

If I solve this issue, I will report back.

Namaste.

Jesse Arnold Miller

www.miller-communications.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines