• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud won't permanently delete the "deleted files"

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am synching only 72 GB, but I have about 92 GB as "Deleted Files" in Creative Cloud. When I try to permanently delete all 4,395 "Deleted Files", the system simply responds that it cannot permanently delete "some files" and does not actually delete any of them. These "deleted files" are increasing in number and taking my entire quota. I can not contact Adobe with this problem or find an answer online. I'm about to give up... Could someone share some light? Thank you.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact problem with all my storage taken up by deleted files and when I tried to delete them all it told me some files could not be deleted and deleted none of them.

The solution is painful, but works; go to list view and start deleting from the bottom, use select and shift select to select a list of about 100 files and wait for the delete confirmed message. Keep doing selected deletes and avoid folders and journals until last as they seem to be the files it will not delete to start with. I did this and eventually deleted all files and have 0 used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems suspiciously like a dark pattern to make users eat up all their cloud storage and have to buy more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.  I have a Mac.  I tried deleting the files multiple time in the cloud/on the web.  Same, "cannot delete" message came up.  I even tried doing an individual files.  Multiple trials.

I read these posts and then decided to delete the files from the computer trash.  Then I went back on line, deciding to follow the suggestion about going to the first delete file.  And then....there were no files to delete and the amount of the storage available increased by the appropriate size. 

I have no idea what really made deleted the files permanently, but  if you have not deleted your trash or recyle bin,  since deleting the file, try that. 

This does happen, and should be more transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into this same issue. Just emptied a HUGE trash/recycle bin so I'm [im]patiently waiting to see if the 2000 previously deleted files (that couldn't be deleted in the web version of my cloud deleted docs) will be gone now. It kept telling me I have 44 GB of storage being used but didn't have anything in there. Didn't know about the creative cloud deleted files. 

My tombstone will read all of the usual stuff plus "NEVER EVER USE ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE PROGRAMS"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip! I just set up Google Drive to automatically sync my Creative Cloud docs until Adobe can get past this snag in their system. I spent 15 minutes emptying the garbage. That's more than I spend in an entire month doing so! 

Recycle when you can. 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm with you.

and the whole process couldn't be any more counterproductive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my day.  Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I was unable to delete all of the files at once. I had to do it in smaller batches. I also found it helpful to refresh the page. Adobe says files automatically are deleted after 60 days, but this is clearly not the case as there were files in deleted that were four years old. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting files is a 2 step process.

Log-in to the appropriate URLs below.

Creative Cloud Assets https://assets.adobe.com
Synced files
Cloud documents
Deleted files

Lightroom https://lightroom.adobe.com
Photos
Albums
Edited files
Imported files
Deleted files

Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com
All documents
Starred files
Shared files

Adobe Spark https://spark.adobe.com
Projects
Brand files
Graphics
Web pages
Videos

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines