• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CreativeCloud Desktop App for Mac installation structure is unacceptable

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have been user of the CreativeCloud for over 5 years now so I went trough many Versions of CreativeCloud so far. 
The one at the moment is one of the worst. Do not get me wrong, the new app interface is amazing. But the stuff happening in the background is the worst. 

I just did a clean Catalina install and the first thing I did was to install CreativeCloud (without any programms). Not only did it - from the start - significantly loaded my hardware and drained my battery out, it also - without questioning, startet to sync all my CreativeCloud files. There is no way to turn it of. It is just possible to pause. Which means if I want to delete the files, as soon as I stop pause they will be deleted too? How annoying is that?

Next thing: No syncing of settings? Have you gone mad? Whats the reason for that? I thought thats the Idea of CreativeCloud - TO WORK ACROSS STATIONS.

Last but not least: See the attached Screenshot. That is how my Launchpad looks after installation. Seriously. WTF. 
I do not want to dig in into where in macOS I was able to find Adobe Folders - they were spread everywhere.

And by the way? "Utilities" is a system application folder, there is NO need to install all the creative cloud software in there, and then add another folder in the root aplication folder with links to the utilites folder. NO NEED. Just create a regular folder within /applications as everyone else is doing it. Absolute terrible user expierence. I wonder how new customers are feeling about this - I would leave immediately and maybe I will do - this not acceptable for me in any way. 

Little Update: I just uninstalled CreativeCloud (around 1hour after installing it) - never donwloaded any of the programms - bam. 8GB less on my harddrive. So I started searching. You do not want to know how much stuff Adobe just leaves on your device after uninstall. I am seriosly shocked. 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the cleaner.

for a complete cleaning:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey kglad,

thank you very much for your advice! I appreciate that. 
However, that is not the point of my comment. I know how to uninstall and clean everything of my device. I just think the user experience is totally of the cliff and not acceptable in any way. After installing just a client for the suite, there is no acceptance of having 8 programms in the launchpad, most of them system processes, one folder in the applcation folder with just aliases in them, and 6 different folders in the utilities folder with linking aliases between them. I wonder what kind of programmers they are hiring. No joke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as said, I really appreciate the effort. Maybe this will help someone looking for how to get rid of the total mess produced. I mean, I am surely not the only one having these problems right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, you're far from the only one. adobe wouldn't have needed to create the 'cleaner' if they'd had adequate uninstallers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately it does not start with uninstalling the software, the Main Problem is the Installation! It just spreads Adobe Stuff all over the system, which is, as as widely known, not something macOS highly appreciates. I counted some of the folders the creative cloud installer created and stopped counting at 10 folders. Moreover, as previously mentioned - it creates countless aliases sometimes even aliases of aliases (so for example the alias in the program folder links to an alias in the utilities folder which links to an alias inside Utilites/Adobe which then links to the actual file. WTF?!

If you had a look at my screenshot you can see the mess it creates on the user side (and that is - as said - only the part a regular user can see) therefore, user experience wise a total F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines