Highlighted

Delete Creative Clouds files locally while still keeping them in the cloud?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using CC on my MacBook and disk space is slowly running out. Is there any possibility to delete the files from on my macbook without deleting them out of the cloud? I haven't found anything about that yet.

Thanks & greetings from germany,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Normally file sync maintains identical copies of your Creative Cloud Files folder, one locally on your computer and one online in your Creative Cloud file storage. It is possible to only have copies on the cloud, and delete the local copies, but that wasn't really the way it was intended to be used. To do that you would want to turn off file sync from the Creative Cloud app preferences. I'd just caution you to make sure anything you delete locally has already been uploaded to the cloud before deleting. You can work through a browser to upload and download files with file sync turned off. Adobe Creative Cloud

You can turn file sync off here

Cheers,

- Dave

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Delete Creative Clouds files locally while still keeping them in the cloud?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using CC on my MacBook and disk space is slowly running out. Is there any possibility to delete the files from on my macbook without deleting them out of the cloud? I haven't found anything about that yet.

Thanks & greetings from germany,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Normally file sync maintains identical copies of your Creative Cloud Files folder, one locally on your computer and one online in your Creative Cloud file storage. It is possible to only have copies on the cloud, and delete the local copies, but that wasn't really the way it was intended to be used. To do that you would want to turn off file sync from the Creative Cloud app preferences. I'd just caution you to make sure anything you delete locally has already been uploaded to the cloud before deleting. You can work through a browser to upload and download files with file sync turned off. Adobe Creative Cloud

Cheers,

- Dave

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Cheers,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this no longer be done? I can't seem to find that screen with the new interface on the dekstop app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines