• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete files from PC but leave them in Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I’ve been having problems syncing files on my CC Windows app.
I use Photoshop on a PC running Windows 10. When I’ve finished working, I transfer the files to my MacBook laptop and upload them to Creative Cloud when I’m away from home (my home connection can be slow for uploading).

The problem I have is CC seems to be stuck syncing on my PC and I have conflicted files there, which is possibly causing the problem.

My question is how do I delete all files from my PC, without deleting them from Creative Cloud on my Laptop? Basically, I want to re-download all the files to my PC via the cloud to hopefully clear the conflicted files and syncing issues.

Thanks!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the directory you sync'd is linked with your cloud folder.  if you delete from one, you delete from both.

you could copy files from the sync'd folder to another local folder, delete the sync'd and cloud files and then move back the file you want to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. So it sounds like I need to start over by backing up my files, delete them from CC and then re-upload them from scratch. I'll do that if I don't hear otherwise.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the most certain way to remove corrupt/conflicting files.  there may be a quicker way if you knew which were the problematic files or there are a limited number of suspect files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post, but... why don't you have a Creative Cloud folder on your Windows machine, and sync the PSD file from it? Then when you open the CC folder on the Mac you technically should have the latest version from the PC? Regarding the slow connection, often I turn off syncing and resume later when the home network is not as busy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I'm no longer using the Windows PC, but I'll bear your advice in mind for the future in case that situation changes. All the very best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines