Highlighted

Deleting Local CC Files w/o Deleting Cloud Files

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do this? I don't want the files locally on my machine anymore, but I don't want to delete them from CC. If I sync files in the future, will it delete those files then?

Thanks!

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deleting Local CC Files w/o Deleting Cloud Files

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do this? I don't want the files locally on my machine anymore, but I don't want to delete them from CC. If I sync files in the future, will it delete those files then?

Thanks!

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration forum.

Thanks,

Atul Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can do is turn off file syncing on your machine. Once off you can remove the files from the Creative Cloud Files folder (or even just remove the entire folder) and the changes will not sync up to the cloud.

From the Creative Cloud desktop application click on the gear icon and from the menu select Preferences. Select the Files tab and turn Sync to Off.

Screenshot 2014-10-08 14.28.00.png

thor_preferences_filesync_off.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines