Desktop sync not working despite terrible foreign tech support

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent hours on with tech support chat, given them remote control of my computer twice, elevated once, and contacted support for a third time to ask for a direct elevation to a US support person who has yet to call back (it's been 48 hours). My CC desktop app won't sync correctly and is unusable. The first tech told me that I had a conflicting syncing app. After successfully seeming to start syncing again in root mode, he signed off, did not send a follow up email like he said he would, and I could not replicate what he did under my user name. I turned off any and every process and app that could potentially be talking to the internet or doing any kind of syncing and the stinker still wasn't working. So I contacted again and the tech removed some folders and files on my machine, reset some processes and it seemed to work again. Unfortunately, it syncs for a while then quits and says that it will sync when I turn on sync in the app. Sync is on. So I quit the app or restart my machine, it starts again, gets a bunch of triangle unable to sync errors and eventually quits. It seemed like I finally got all of the data by restarting repeatedly until one of my coworkers asked me to work on a file and I couldn't see it. Sync said it was up to date but it was not, so I realized it again wasn't working. So, I followed the tech support guide and deleted the OOBE folder. This, of course, deleted what I had downloaded over a period of days, again. It's still syncing but it repeatedly quits, just like before. This all started this past Thursday night/Friday (I realized it was doing it on Friday) but it had been working without issue for a long time. Is there anyone monitoring these forums that can put me in touch with a US tech person? I'm at my wits end and am ready to pull all of my data off the cloud once I can see it.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?