• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Device activation limit reached

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting notification about activation limit reached. One of the devices that I need to sign out of, shown in the notification, is actually the device I am using.

drlambert100_0-1613668451314.png

What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out and then sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did but why should I have to? Occasionally, I open on a third computer and have to sign out of one of the two shown to be able to use on third device. This appears to be a problem with where Adobe stores the activation file on the local computer as it always happens after a Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has happened again. This morning there was an update to Windows and when I used Adobe Acrobat DC, I had to sign out of this machine so I could use the software on this same machine. Come on Adobe. FIX this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only two devices can be activated at one time.

Sign-out of the one you're not using. Sometimes overlaps occur.

Go to your Adobe account to manage devices.

https:/account.adobe.com/plans

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the rest of the post. One of the devices I'm being told to sign out of is the device I'm using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi drlambert100,

Thank you for posting your query here.

I understand that the Device name "Gigabyte-deskop" is the one that you were using while you got the prompt to Sign out from the same device.

If you've already activated your Creative Cloud subscription on two computers, you'll first need to deactivate it on one of the systems.

1. Sign out to deactivate Creative Cloud on one of the two computers. ( Preferably Sign out from the Creative Cloud Desktop App manually and not from the online prompt when you see the Activation limted reached).
  2. Sign in to activate Creative Cloud on the new computer.

Hope this helps. 

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm having a little trouble here. Am I not clear? Why should I have to sign out of the device I'm using just so I can sign back in to it. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the simplest option that you may follow is :

- Launch Creative Cloud App in all your three devices

- Sign out Manually from the Creative Cloud Desktop App from all devices ( NOT from the online prompt when you see the Activation limted reached)

- Sign in and use the Product in One device at a Time as you have agreed in the End User License Agreement ( please refer to the following terms of use :  https://www.adobe.com/in/legal/licenses-terms.html 

Hope this helps. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drlambert, I agree, nobody seems to understand your question though I thought it was perfectly clear. I wish I had an answer, you are not the only person to see this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Finally, someone understands the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me over the past 4 days.  Again!  It sticks its ugly head up every few months - and has done over a number of years now.  During this time Adobe has never given a satisfactory explanation.

Yesterday, once again, I reached the device activation limit, although I only have one activated PC.  After deactivating it, I logged back in, only for it to happen again today.   In addition, for the past few days, I have had to sign in to Adobe Cloud every time I use an app, even though it may have been moments after closing it down.

I know this is a user forum, but Adobe technical staff do look in occasionally.  Please Adobe, sort this issue out permanently.  This together with the frustratingly long start up of the latest versions of LrC and Ps, I'm fast becoming a dissatisfied user of some 30 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'VE HAD THIS ISSUE FOR YEARS, different machines, different OS. A pirated copy would be less hassle lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually less hassle would be to buy modern software.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The deal is that you can only be signed in with the same Adobe ID on two computers at the same time. So what i think you're saying here is that you are really only signed in on two computers, but it thinks you are signed in on three? So, "this device" and "gigabyte desktop" are actually the same machine? Yes, I can see how that would be super annoying.

I'm not sure how to fix it, but I hear your frustration and hope to help elucidate the question so those who know can answer it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud products can be deactivated from devices via your online account. Log-in below.

https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices

This does not work with legacy Creative Suite or single purchased Elements products which have  an alloted number of possible activations per license. If you require more, contact Adobe to reset your activation count.

If your computer is not remembering your Creative Cloud log-in, please see link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't appear to be a UserVoice page for the creative cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't appear to be a UserVoice page for the creative cloud desktop app?

By @tashi.hope

===========

Nope. Looks like they discontinued it.  Adobe has been moving away from UserVoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh god really? Are they gonna replace it I wonder? Maybe user feedback from paying customers is too annoying for them lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not annoying.  More likely a consolidation decision.  If you look at the overview pages, many support communities like Lightroom and Photoshop have dedicated sub-spaces to post BUGS and IDEAS now.  🙂

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines