Disable automatic font activation on all adobe apps

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several font managers and font licensing software on my computer. Some of these fonts are also served by Adobe Fonts service, but I primarily have them activated on my computer via my other font manager applications and licensing software. However, Adobe CC constantly tries to activate the same fonts using their own service, which eventually results in a bunch of failed activations and messed up fonts list on Adobe and other apps. If Adobe CC is incapable of, or unwilling to detect fonts activated by other third party software, at least Adobe should offer a global option to disable automatic font detection on all their applications. To speak my honest impression of this 'feature', this looks like Adobe's version of the AARD code to force users to rely on their font service, and it makes me very, very uncomfortable to keep using Adobe's software at all. 

Screenshot 2020-09-29 215207.png

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disable automatic font activation on all adobe apps

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several font managers and font licensing software on my computer. Some of these fonts are also served by Adobe Fonts service, but I primarily have them activated on my computer via my other font manager applications and licensing software. However, Adobe CC constantly tries to activate the same fonts using their own service, which eventually results in a bunch of failed activations and messed up fonts list on Adobe and other apps. If Adobe CC is incapable of, or unwilling to detect fonts activated by other third party software, at least Adobe should offer a global option to disable automatic font detection on all their applications. To speak my honest impression of this 'feature', this looks like Adobe's version of the AARD code to force users to rely on their font service, and it makes me very, very uncomfortable to keep using Adobe's software at all. 

Screenshot 2020-09-29 215207.png

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0
kglad LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  make your suggestion here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0