Highlighted

Disable Every CC Daemon Services on OSX

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable every little bit of the CC Core Services permanently on CC 2017 in High Sierra?

I'm talking every single adobe related Daemon that runs in my Activity Monitor. I don't want any of them running, ever. It's all bloatware and I never use any of it. Don't give me this crap that I need it to be running so Adobe CC programs can run, I can force quit all of them in the Activity Monitor and all the stuff runs fine. 

I want to open Photoshop, use it, and when I close it, be confident nothing Adobe related is running. I don't care about Typekit, I don't care about File Sync, I don't care about anything CC offers me other than the actual programs (which I would buy in a box so I didn't have to use CC at all, if Adobe would sell me one).

I'm fine with deleting the files, setting their permissions so only Root can run them in terminal, all that hit it with the heaviest hammer stuff. Any ideas?

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disable Every CC Daemon Services on OSX

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable every little bit of the CC Core Services permanently on CC 2017 in High Sierra?

I'm talking every single adobe related Daemon that runs in my Activity Monitor. I don't want any of them running, ever. It's all bloatware and I never use any of it. Don't give me this crap that I need it to be running so Adobe CC programs can run, I can force quit all of them in the Activity Monitor and all the stuff runs fine. 

I want to open Photoshop, use it, and when I close it, be confident nothing Adobe related is running. I don't care about Typekit, I don't care about File Sync, I don't care about anything CC offers me other than the actual programs (which I would buy in a box so I didn't have to use CC at all, if Adobe would sell me one).

I'm fine with deleting the files, setting their permissions so only Root can run them in terminal, all that hit it with the heaviest hammer stuff. Any ideas?

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?