Does CC upload zipped folders, and how long is normal upload time for one 7.15B, because it's an Id package?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the computer in non sleep mode all night, and the Id package is still uploading.  Is there any faster way to share an Id file with links? And save file space?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilred,

How large is the file? 7.15GB? The upload time is based on the speed of your internet connection, Based on this Creative Cloud Help | Manage and Sync files the recommended size limit is one 1 GB using file sync. Were you using file sync or uploading through a browser?

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Lilred AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, zipped it was 7.15G, because it was an indd file with all the links to it, packaged. I used chrome, not file sync. Is file sync an Adobe product? Any other recommendations for collaborating with a client when it's an Id file that must have the links to work on, not embedded?

thank you for your response!

Vikki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilred AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I guess I should note, I'm trying the new feature where folders can be collaborated with clients, not individual files. I thought that would be perfect for Id, but I only got one folder uploaded, and the client cannot see all of it, only part, even though I see it all on the web, the school does not know what username is used to access their account, and other folders are not uploading without error messages.

Vikki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
David__B LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vikki,

Yeah, the collaboration feature seems like it would be a good option here, but obviously only if you were able to get things to work and do the process to complete in a reasonable amount of time. 7GB is probably a 6-10 hour process even with access to an unrestricted high speed connection. I think even with the speed set to 100% in the Creative Cloud app preferences, it still limits the bandwidth usage so it doesn't interfere with normal internet use. Honestly I'm at a loss for any good alternatives. It might be worth testing with another file sharing services to see if you have the same issues there too. I've asked a few others that work more exclusively with InDesign and will pass on any suggestions they have that might help if they do.

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines