• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Assets from Library

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to download a file rather than just view it from the online portal of assets.adobe.com.

I want to be able to share my assets but these are the only options:

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

I was looking at this Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, and more and doing some testing myself. It doesn't look like there is an easy way to download an asset once it was been added to a library. I think you'd have to go through the Library panel in one of the products. If I double-clicked on a graphic asset in Photoshop in the Library panel it opened it as a document which could then be saved. That seemed like the closest option I could find.

I'd recommend not using Libraries if the d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

You might try clicking on the thumbnail and viewing that item only/full screen. Then check under the Actions menu in the top right to see if the Download option is available. I think it appears there if available.

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is still not there. How/Why would it be available or not available? I am trying to share files with my team and this is a huge pain point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I'm not sure why the download option wouldn't be there, I get the option for all of my files. Is this a file you uploaded yourself or one someone shared with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For context, this is an asset in a library not in the "files" part of my creative cloud. I have the download option available when I am in the files. This is why I am so confused because it doesn't show up in libraries. This is in a library that I created and added this image to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at this Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, and more and doing some testing myself. It doesn't look like there is an easy way to download an asset once it was been added to a library. I think you'd have to go through the Library panel in one of the products. If I double-clicked on a graphic asset in Photoshop in the Library panel it opened it as a document which could then be saved. That seemed like the closest option I could find.

I'd recommend not using Libraries if the download option is a requirement and go through files instead.

Adobe Creative Cloud

I agree it would be a useful to have the option and will pass on feedback to our developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been implemented yet? I currently cannot access Libraries after an update and going back doesn't fix it either. There are elements I would like to download from one of my libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't been implemented yet but feedback has been shared with our developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, are there any Updates on the Downloadfunction yet?

It's been quite the while now, that people asked for a downloadoption for the CLOUD-service.

It is a pain, looking for workarounds for some missing functions in the CC. I hope it's still on the agenda...

EDIT:

At least you can Download the pictures you bought back in Adobe Stock at:

https://stock.adobe.com/Member/LicenseHistory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if you can please help me.

It is all well and good to recommend not using Library and using files instead for the future. But Adobe pushes the use of the Library and makes it seem like a great way to share assets between apps. I sailed from AI to AE in a recent project when I first tried it. And now I am totally screwed because SURPISE! AE can lo longer locate any of the files in my CC Library.

I AM logged in. I AM online. I CAN see the files in the library panel inside the project, smiling at me, wanting to come out and play, but alas unreachable.

I can also see the files in the web view of the library. But I can't reconnect to them because there's nowhere local to navigate to, and I can't download them! I have seen on another thread that Adobe keeps the location of library files a secret, and I managed to find that secret location, but then I learned, as Johns points out above, that "files" are not the same as "libraries." And the "correct answer here is "Oh yeah, I guess don't ever use that feature."

InkedScreenshot 2018-03-08 12.06.55_LI.jpg

Attempting to download one asset:

InkedScreenshot 2018-03-08 12.07.51_LI.jpg

Screenshot 2018-03-08 12.07.25.png

Attempting to download whole project folder:

InkedScreenshot 2018-03-08 12.07.51_LI.jpg

I don't even want to know what "#slack" is.

Short answer I would like: How to reconnect LIBRARY assets to an AE project that can no longer see them.

Feature request: Make Libraries and Files the same gd thing with the same location and share-ability.

Thank you in advance, and this has cost me half a day's work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. If libraries arent just links, they should be able to be downloaded from anywhere since a copy of the file exist in the cloud in the library. And to help you out, slack is just the new school way of using forums. just think of AOL chat rooms but better and it's just you and the ppl you invite for a specific purpose, like talking about all the inconsistencies of Adobe CC products. It's very useful app. And I've tried sharing to Slack to see if it would send the actual file so i could download it, but it's just a link back to the file for preview on the web for you to preview the file, which I think is ridiculous. If i'm trying to share a file, why would I not allow them to download it??

To the developers, it's been about year and I don't see why we still can't download items from our libraries. If the file exists in the cloud and is in our account, why are we denied from downloading it? What sense does that make? You guys giveaway a few gigs to let us store our files in our CC Cloud Files folder so why not let us store those library assets in that space? During that same year, Dropbox, OneDrive, and even Box have improved there file sharing capabilities to allow sharing, and downloading, a folder, or a file in a folder. We love your products, just make them user friendly and practical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a complete and utter joke. How can Creative Cloud have these files in the cloud but not let you download them. You would think that's the most BASIC feature of a cloud library/storage feature. I'm at work and I need to download some assets that are on my laptop but in my CC library and I can't. How awful is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a deal breaker for me at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? We have used libraries to store and quickly use our logos and branding assets which has worked well in the past, However, today the files are no longer linked, the folder we share with vendors uses those links and there is no way to get the original artwork from the links through downloading? Please help Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need the download option!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahaha is this real life?? Really? No download button??? Years of complaints in this matter. Years of research with this creative cloud thing and no one. Yes... no one yet, had the idea to place a download button so the creatives could download an item from their OWN Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. I took over an InDesign file from someone else to make some edits for the owners, and all of the links are broken. I have wasted hours trying to find the images, get the links to work or to download the images. I have never used the cloud-based Adobe Assets system before and definitely never will again; we just save our files to our own server and access them that way at my office. Unbelievable that you can't download your own image files from the cloud.

The only workaround I have been able to figure out from this debacle is to painstakingly relink within the InDesign file each of the images with their location in the Assets folder. Then within InDesign, I choose the File > Package feature, and it will basically download all of the image files (and fonts, which also have broken links) and allow me to store them locally to my own hard drive or server. I hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely unacceptable to not have this capability-- period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely unacceptable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download on Essential Graphics in Premiere Pro
Sem título.png
They get saved on "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Motion Graphics Templates"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1
Still no download option for library assets via the web portal. Why is there a share link with a page showing all of the assets but no ability to download them?

There's absolutely no reason for "Files" to have download and not Libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear. This is insane.

Smells of profit hunger to me. Why else would Adobe make such an incredibly simple and normal feature impossible, despite so many people wanting it?

Until I hear an explanation, I'm suspecting it's just Adobe trying to make it tat bit more inconvenient for people who might share copyrighted stock (even though, as mentioned, it's easy to do via Photoshop etc) reminds me of anti-user friendly Apple lock in, putting copyright infringement fear before user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the idea is to sync the Adobe library with the CC apps so that you can access them from the apps, rather than having to download them to your computer or device. To access them, click "save" on the files you want to access in the Adobe library. Open the app you're going to use and go to "libraries" (in Premiere Pro, it's a tab in the project panel). You can access the files within the app that way.

Here is a link on how to access files from the Adobe library from the Adobe website: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/libraries.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all commenters,

We are excited to announce that this feature is currently in development and will be available on the new assets.adobe.com very soon!

As eileentorch​ mentioned, the idea of CC Libraries is to have your libraries sync across all the apps, rather than having to download them to a computer or device. This allows teams working collaboratively to have a 'single source of truth', and supports linked element workflows. But we definitely understand that for some workflows and users, downloading from the assets website is key.

Thank you for your patience and feedback, we're listening!

Molly Donohue

Web Engineer, CC Libraries and Assets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mollyd69279248​ those are very good news, thank you very much for listening to the community

Is there any place like uservoice where we can post feature requests?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines