• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Assets from Library

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to download a file rather than just view it from the online portal of assets.adobe.com.

I want to be able to share my assets but these are the only options:

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

I was looking at this Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, and more and doing some testing myself. It doesn't look like there is an easy way to download an asset once it was been added to a library. I think you'd have to go through the Library panel in one of the products. If I double-clicked on a graphic asset in Photoshop in the Library panel it opened it as a document which could then be saved. That seemed like the closest option I could find.

I'd recommend not using Libraries if the d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi apintocr​, the best place to post future feature requests is the User Voice for CC Assets and Libraries.

This is the link for that page: https://creativecloudassets.uservoice.com/forums/905290-request-features

Request Features: Hot (164 ideas) – Welcome to CC Assets Website & Libraries Feature and Bug Reporti...

You can post new requests and also upvote existing requests, our product manager regularly reviews these and updates our feature plan where it makes sense!

Thanks, Molly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, as of today, september 23 2020, that option to download to computer is STILL not there and it is still beyond ridiculous to get assets from adobe library to computers, especially for those of us who WORK WITH ONLY ONE CLOUD i.e. onedrive and do not like having all our work and assets spread out all over the place. so again, since it has been well over a year since this was supposed to be fixed and given as an option, the ability to download your stuff to your computer, when will you start listening to your customers and give us the thing we've been asking for for years now? a simple download to computer option...?

emcle1_0-1600847182183.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Molly - did this ever get looked into?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your patience while we worked on development of this.

We have released the ability to download library elements from assets.adobe.com! Click on your library > any element inside your library > the context menu (three dots) in the top right corner > 'Download' > then select which format you would like to download.

We are still working on a few features regarding Stock element downloads. For now, to download Stock videos or the unwatermarked version of purchased stock images you can go to stock.adobe.com.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 9.56.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens then, if I have 300 assets in my library? icons, logos, backgrounds, etc  do i have to visit each one individually which takes a second or two to load and click 'Download'?

What's been done is helpful as it gives you the option of AI, JPG or PNG, but i need that, for the top level of my folder, to allow me to download everything in 1 hit! or at very least the ability, to locate an asset, and download all my selected assets in to a folder of my choosing... just a bit annoying, the alternative at this stage is i have to sit and manually go through and download what i need on a individual file basis... which is rubbish!

disappointing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback, rickg11170753​
Our team will be working on improving the experience!

Thank you,
Mariia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get an answer to this? I need to download about 200 items from my library that I have licensed via Stock. Downloading them one at a time will take a great deal of time. Incredibly frustrating. Any help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One improvement we've made to download is that we've added download functionality to the page of assets web that displays all the elements. Now you don't have to leave the page to go to 1 Up view to download. This should make it slightly easier, requiring less back and forth.

About bulk download:

We have voiced to our designers and product managers that bulk delete of Library Elements is an important feature that everyone is asking for! There are some complications to designing this experience to keep in mind. Mainly, there are different formats for exporting every type of file. For example, to download an illustration, you can download in the original .ai format, as a png, or as a jpg. If we allowed bulk download, the available formats could be different for every single element you select, so you'd have to choose which type to delete anyway.

We could remove the choice for the export format, but then we'd have to assume which format users want, which is a slippery slope.

This is a long answer, but just to say, we're still actively thinking about the best experience for bulk download of Library Elements.

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 10.51.45 AM.png

Thanks for your input everyone!

-Molly

Assets Web Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the update. We're glad that this is on the feature-list.

Maybe it would be possible to set a preferred format in that "Download As"-window. When there are different Formats, there could be an order, the user could set, if the preferred format is not available. So then the next preferred format would be downloaded?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, 3 years since the original post and still no satisfactory answer.. Crazy. We get it, you want to make sure we use your softwares. Surprise: we already do! that's why we are asking for that feature. Why make the downloading so restrictive? I just don't understand. The libraries content is our own assets. And how is it "slipperyslopy" to assume the users might simply want... their original format? Bulk downloading would be a x1000 times more useful than an export format option in my case and I suspect in many others too, so I really do hope you're "still actively thinking about the best experience for bulk download" almost a year later. Please make our lives easier, you've got wonderful products, don't frustrate us like that at the end of our workflow! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A group download seriously needs to be added. I keep getting requests for my assets to be used in another capacity and I have to download each item one at a time? It's 2019!!!! this should be a no brainer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still doesn’t work. Unbelievable. Just build basic functionality that is user-friendly, not a bunch of protectionist gateway junk that forces you to work within your suite of programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, but that doesn't work. it isn't even an option on ANY of my assets in my library, at all. so either you never fully released the one thing we all have been asking for or you pulled it after releasing it. see my previous reply to another engineer for more info, but this is just ridiculous at this point. you can't figure out how to deploy a simple 'download to ...' option? even for individual assets?

emcle1_0-1600847558418.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALSO

my files only show up in 'libraries'

emcle1_0-1600848454737.png

yet when i try to locate them as files they mysteriously DO NOT EXIST!!! under any of the section options given, at all. you guys seriously broke your already crappy cloud system even further, which i didn't think was possible.

emcle1_1-1600848531573.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not be renewing my Adobe Creative Cloud. This forced lock in is my #1 reason why. It's absurd and insulting that Adobe thinks it should have more control over my assets than I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

I made the misstake of emigrating all my collected 1000+ reference and stock images to Adobe Libraries a few years ago. It seemed nice at first, and did work really well in Photoshop. However now when I'm starting to switch to a workflow that involves non-adobe programs, I realize that there is no way to get my own images back (short of doanloading every single image sepperatly, wich would seriously take days of work...).

I work as a concept artist and mattepainter, so having my stock images accessible is a huge deal for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I agree it would be nice to get a download link for an entire library (they are after all my files).

However in my case I already have them locally.

At this location; User/my account name/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/Libs/

I'm using mac. As far as I know this is the default setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, your answer is marked as 'correct' yet it does not actually address ANY of the issues we are asking about, especially since adode just updated the library to make it almost impossible to do anything with your purchased downloads outside of their 'cloud' environment. The issue remains that 'our stuff' we purchase is held hostage in their cloud and we cannot download it directly to our computers to work on. They seem to fail to understand or just don't care that we as creators keep our stuff on drives so we can access it, even when we aren't online. having to go back and forth between our drive files or main could services ie onedrive, and having to go into a seperate cloud drive which won't allow us to download our purchases to use is extremely time consuming and counterproductive. Adobe seems to just not care. So many of us have been asking for YEARS for a way to even individually download assets at least, and still they give us nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac users: (sorry window poeple but yeah...)

• Head to Top Menu (finder selected)

• Click on GO

• Hold Option, Then Click Library

• This Thread is long but (TWSSaid;)

Application Support

Adobe

Creative Cloud Libraries

LIBS

XXXXXXXXXXXX#E#E_AdobeID

creative_cloud

DCX - 

C-####bc-D#######-BLAH BALH YOU GET RIGHT

in each folder there is a folder name COMPNENTS

REMIND YOU THE NAME CONVENTION WILL NOT BE THERE ex S#itFuKS#itFukyNumbErs

drag that to your preffer location. and good luck naming them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sh!!t!!! dont drag it just fu$$ken copy to a safe place- what ever -do what you want is your shiËštty life !! ugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's December 2020 and this is still not resolved. There is NO download option in the Libraries (folders or individual items). I have a quick workaround that might help some of you although I know when you have hundreds of assets, it might not be ideal. I just opened a new document, selected all of the items in my library and dragged them into my document. Once the cursor is loaded, you can do a grid place (hold down Cmd-Shift) to place 9 items at a time. I think there's a way to change the number of rows/columns in the grid but I can't remember and 9 at a time isn't bad. You can do them very small, tiny... just so they're in there somewhere. Then I just selected them all in the Links panel and chose Copy Link(s) To... to save them all at once into an actual folder on my computer! I 100% agree that there is absolutely no reason why Adobe shouldn't have the option to download an entire library folder at once but this sure beats doing them one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I occasionally found the way to download, when you hover over the asset there is a check box appearing in the top left corner.

nikitab7762952_3-1632782729912.png

As soon as you checked one of the files additional options show up in the top rigth side

nikitab7762952_2-1632782646478.png

It still remained glitchy for me because check boxes not always can be clicked but better than download filrs one by one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines