• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download files

Advisor ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm downloading files from my own CC account I'm unable to download two different files in a row unless I refresh the page. So if I have downloaded file A and then deselect that and then select file B, file A gets downloaded again instead of file B. Only when I refresh the file page do I get to download file B by selecting it again and downloading it.

Also, I'm able to select multiples files at once but when I do that the download option goes away, it returns only when one single file is selected. So it's not possible to download multiple files at once? Will take ages for any collaborator to use CC as a file source then as I have hundreds of project files stored there.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Will do, I have both Windows and Mac and will test Firefox on Windows system too. I know options around being able to download multiple files at once is one of our most popular feature requests and would have probably have been the best solution for you.

Download multiple files or folders at once. – Welcome to CC Assets Website & Libraries Feature and Bug Reporting Page

You can share a folder with others but all of the items within currently can only be downloaded one at a time

Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, prototypes, and more

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. How do I post to the group your are quoting? I can't find it in the forum list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

I'm not able to replicate the issue of having to refresh between different downloads. Does the same thing happen regardless of browser? There is a limitation of only being able to download a single file at a time, so that is expected.

The workarounds that I'm aware of would be creating a .zip of multiple files and sharing that or using the collaboration feature (folders)

Collaborate on folders and libraries from Creative Cloud account

Using collaboration would require collaborators to have an Adobe ID but they could use a free accounts which include 2GB of storage.

Hope that helps,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I don't wanna switch browsers all the time to make CC functions work as I presume it's a cross browser valid service, at least for Firefox, Chrome and Edge. I'm on last version of Firefox myself. Since I'm having problems in being logged into CC with two different browsers at the same time I don't have a two browser strategy. Zipping files is not a good option as developers needs to get a visual preview on single file level, like single vector files for UI development. Forcing them to download a zip file and work trough 400 files in an icon series works against the purpose. Thing is you have a nice vector preview in CC to avoid that.

I also find it VERY cumbersome to require a Adobe ID for a collaborator to get access to files and folders. Most external developers don't interact with Adobe and this just makes them steer away from Adobe and prefer their own sharing services, this is sad cause I would like to involve them in CC - but if having an Adobe ID is the requirement it raises the bar significantly. We are all a bit vaccinated against climbing hurdles where it's just a matter of sharing data. It should be open door policy or else CC will remain for designers on designers accounts, it's not working as it is today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Totally understand, just offering up my ideas for suggestions I have which I thought might help. You're correct, CC is a cross browser compatible service. The testing in a different browser was to see if you had to refresh between downloads regardless of browser. I tested in Firefox myself (61.0.1) 64-bit on Mac and didn't have to refresh. Sometimes something like the refresh issue can be related to add-ons or extensions. Adobe is still in the process of improving and further developing our cloud storage solution, sorry to hear it may not be a good fit for your needs currently. Hopefully it will be in the future. Thanks for trying it and sharing your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I'm on Windows. Not Mac like you are. And please bring forward the issue that everyone in Adobe surely must know but chooses to overlook: External collaborators (or internal really) don't want to establish user accounts and Adobe ID's just in order to see what I'm sharing in a project. It's creating great resistance and I really think you are better off with an open door policy without the registration hysteria. Imagine if WeTransfer forced everyone to establish a "WT user ID" profile in order to get access to and download shared files. It would NEVER work and you know it. No one would bother. It's a sucess cause it's NOT forcing users on any side to register or establish local app accounts. It's just there for all to use straight from the get go! Filling me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, I have both Windows and Mac and will test Firefox on Windows system too. I know options around being able to download multiple files at once is one of our most popular feature requests and would have probably have been the best solution for you.

Download multiple files or folders at once. – Welcome to CC Assets Website & Libraries Feature and B...

You can share a folder with others but all of the items within currently can only be downloaded one at a time

Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, prototypes, and more

I think the collaboration workflow has broader use aspects than just the downloading, so that may be where the Adobe ID requirement comes in, but I totally agree/understand how it can be too much work creating an ID for quick file sharing needs. I feel ya! Hopefully we'll have more options soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David... any chance there was movement on downloading multiple files/folders in the last year (14 months)?  I have 10 Gig to download and I don't want to do it one at a time.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines