Download vs sync (which hasn't worked for months)

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Complicated situation.

I work in a graphic design capacity at a big company with extensive win 10 support and firewalls.

I was using Creative Cloud storage with a MacBook Pro and an individual subscription. Sync worked fine.

I was also given a pc laptop with Creative Cloud apps pre-installed, so those apps might be considered enterprise. Sync stopped working months ago. The Creative Cloud desktop app is stuck "Checking for update". The "File sync is off" indication is greyed out, not clickable. Same in Preferences.

The MacBook Pro was stolen, so now I need to sync or download the stored files on the pc.

Downloading files one by one is excruciating.

How to download folders or get sync working?

I tried these:

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app | Unable to turn on file sync

There is no options.tix file on my pc.

There is no gear icon in the desktop app, either.

Downloading a folder from creative cloud file share

The discussion doesn't seem to solve my main need - retrieving a lot of files in one shot.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Download vs sync (which hasn't worked for months)

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Complicated situation.

I work in a graphic design capacity at a big company with extensive win 10 support and firewalls.

I was using Creative Cloud storage with a MacBook Pro and an individual subscription. Sync worked fine.

I was also given a pc laptop with Creative Cloud apps pre-installed, so those apps might be considered enterprise. Sync stopped working months ago. The Creative Cloud desktop app is stuck "Checking for update". The "File sync is off" indication is greyed out, not clickable. Same in Preferences.

The MacBook Pro was stolen, so now I need to sync or download the stored files on the pc.

Downloading files one by one is excruciating.

How to download folders or get sync working?

I tried these:

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app | Unable to turn on file sync

There is no options.tix file on my pc.

There is no gear icon in the desktop app, either.

Downloading a folder from creative cloud file share

The discussion doesn't seem to solve my main need - retrieving a lot of files in one shot.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2018 0

Have something to add?