Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading a folder from creative cloud file share

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Hopefully this thread goes to the correct forum. If not, my apologies, Adobe forums confuse me a lot. You can maybe move it in the correct forum page.

As there isn't a way to directly give feedback to Adobe, I'll be using the forums. Maybe someone could send this forward (and people back it up so they'd know this is an issue)

I really like the new advanced file sharing options in the creative cloud, but I do feel like there is one essential feature missing:

I can't find a way to download or upload a folder directly in the web browser page.

This is a huge disadvantage compared to, for example, the google drive, where I can just a download and upload the whole folder structure in the browser. I use this feature a lot with files that use a folder structure in order to work and would be impossible to be downloaded file by file. There are computers (work-school) where I can't sign in my own creative cloud and sync it in, but I would still like to download the file and keep working with it.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no reason to share copyrighted files or pre-book publishing files until the final product is ready. Why does adobe feel the need to force me to share files I do not what to share. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know what's happening to you all that suspect some conspiracy.

i don't use any adobe cc files except to test stuff when trying to help others.  and i've never shared a file.

when i want to move a file (typically when about to travel and i want to continue working on an already started project) i use a usb stick.  i wouldn't trust any one to do my file transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was travelling and thought I could save time by using my ipad. Everything saved to the cloud. I had to download every one of these separately. A major pain and I sincerely believe this is deliberate on behalf of Adobe to do whatever they can to force their cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't use an ipad, but with my iphone i haven't had a problem getting (mainly acrobat sign) files from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving files to Creative Cloud is 100% optional. No one is forcing anyone to save files there.

I rarely save files to CC storage except when I want to share them with colleagues or other devices.  At all other times, I save work files directly to my computer's HD which is backed up nightly to guard against data loss.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly no, not if you are using Fresco. I need to deliver 10+ source files to a client and I've run into this issue as well and the share button is no longer there so having to download every file one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download a hole folder if you share it.

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 9.58.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 9.58.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 9.58.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raimundo,

Thanks for the reply! I tried to follow your help and I do get the option box you have the screenshot of. But even with this I can't find a way to download the full folder at once. It only lets me to download separate files inside the folder, and when I have like five folders and inside every folder around 50 files, it would take me ages to go through them and download them one by one + arranging them in the correct folders from the downloads folder.

Do you know a way to download the whole folder at once? If you find a way please let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your right, you can only with the file of a folder and then downloa them one by one. You ether can make a zip file to download or make the other person to add it to his creative cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but the problem was that I want personally download the folder to a public computer in which I can't install the creative cloud, so it doesn't completely fix my problem.

However, zipping the folders was a nice idea! (in cases where I know I need to download stuff before I leave my own pc - if I'm out the house already there's of course no way to zip them in browser) Anyways, I'll remember the zipping next time. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. I want to download the folders inside my CC to my desktop, but it's making me do it one by one. I have thousands of files. How do I make a zip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Victoria27442453igf3 

you can't package your cc web files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem suxs!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really should be a feature (download full folder) as it is critical to share files with clients.

I find myself zipping files or using box.com to share files with clients.

If my clients have a Free CC Account, it's easier, however most of them do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues, I feel like at one point this option was there and now it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free cloud services, like OneDrive or Google Drive, have the "basic" option to download full folder. How the Adobe Creative Cloud does not have this simple feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be one of those purely political decisions. Take away a feature which lets you use the product without having full CC syncing and its dozens of memorry hogging processes running in the background. 😞 And yes, it feels just plain silly not to have such basic functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"political" is the wrong word. perhaps you mean "economic" or "financial" or even "technical".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"political" is the wrong word. perhaps you mean "economic" or "financial" or even "technical".

By @kglad

===========

"Legal" also comes to mind. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its like Hotel California. this is how they keep you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download folders if you install Creative Cloud desktop app and turn on the synchronisation of cloud files to your desktop storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with other's opinion: a unique download folder link is a must to share our work with our clients. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pparshin And how's if my client supposed to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines