Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading InDesign book files from Creative Cloud files

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gang,

I'm working on a project that has me using the Creative Cloud files to store the changes I make. I know I'm not using all of the features, but with my own personal account on two machines and my employers site license on the other, I end up using the browser version of Creative Cloud to upload and download files on my work computer.

When I download a book file (.indb), Creative Cloud and my browser seem to get confused as to what kind of file it is. Creative Cloud asks me and doesn't have an option for InDesign Book. When it downloads, it downloads as a .octet-stream file. I later go to Finder and change the extension to indb and life is good.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Warren BIngham

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2014 Jul 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug. Will update this thread once it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update that this got fixed a while ago so updating forum post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines