• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message: "A virus was detected in FILENAME. This file will not be uploaded"

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been synching files using Creative Cloud Connect for many months. During the past few weeks, I get the message "Some files failed to sync". When I click on "Learn more", it has 3 files there and all have the message "A virus was detected in filename . This file will not be uploaded". I scanned all three files with AVG and Malwarebytes (installed on my system) and both report that there is no virus in those files. I have tried to chat with support but I could not find any resolution with them. I believe that I never got to the right place. I was connected with 5 different people. At the end of the last discussion I spoke to Adobe Captivate support. It so happens that the files with that error are all Adobe Captivate files. But that support also concluded that they couldn't help. I could not find similar entries in the forums either. Did anyone else have this problem?

I appreciate any help.

Angela

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Here is an update on this issue. After many email exchanges with Adobe support (over several months), they finally helped me to remove all viruses from my computer. This included Adobe Captivate cleaning up their Captivate 8 code and removing the Swf.Exploit.CVE_2014_0564-2. And yes, it is a virus but I only was able to detect it with CamWin.

As it turns out, it's not only the text animation files but also the widget animation files. Following is the final correspondence with Adobe. I ho

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem also, but file failing to sync is my Lightroom Catalog file !

I will call by Adobe support by phone tomorrow to troubleshoot.

Did you find a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No unfortunately, I have not.  I spent over an hour on the phone with them already regarding this topic. In the end, the support in Adobe Captivate (that's the 5th support group they connected me to) told me that I wasn't allowed to upload Captivate files since Adobe Captivate 8 is not a CC application and that's why the problem was happening. I am absolutely sure that this is untrue since I have many Captivate files on CC. I think the key will be to get to the right support group. Good luck! I really hope you find a solution. Keep me informed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angela,

The problem has disappeared for me now.

I'll tell you what I did.

I turned off file syncing in the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Cog Wheel icon > Preferences > Files

Then I restarted my computer, and turned file syncing back on again.

I hope this helps you also !

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know. I tried this but it didn't work for me. Glad it worked for you. I guess I will have to muster all my patience and try the Adobe customer support again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2015 Mar 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started having this problem as well. The difference for me is that, in this file, I used one of the Learning Interactions that comes with Captivate 8. None of my other files gives this message and I don't have any viruses. Needless to say, customer support is lacking! Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem and it occurred after the 2015 update. Looking for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is an update on this issue. After many email exchanges with Adobe support (over several months), they finally helped me to remove all viruses from my computer. This included Adobe Captivate cleaning up their Captivate 8 code and removing the Swf.Exploit.CVE_2014_0564-2. And yes, it is a virus but I only was able to detect it with CamWin.

As it turns out, it's not only the text animation files but also the widget animation files. Following is the final correspondence with Adobe. I hope the links work too.

These are the fixed program files that Adobe uploaded for me to access https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cyelu2yvkc0f521/AADRYR3X0n3nM7lmIUNMQokWa?dl=0. However, do not use the "text animations folder", there was a little bug left and they sent me a replacement for the text animations here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymen27rrba75mc2/AABwsQjCmxdQHvkSx5Kjybo_a?dl=0

These are the steps Adobe support had me take and it worked for me.

1. Download and extract the SWF Animations from the TextAnimations folder
  2. Take a back-up of the old animations which are located at “<Captivate Installation Dir>\Gallery\TextAnimations\” and “<Captivate Installation Dir>\Gallery\Widgets\”
  3. Replace the existing animations with the new ones in the same folder
  4. Open your Captivate project and delete all the old animations which were inserted, and then close Captivate.
  5. Even though the animations have been deleted, Captivate still holds them as internal resources. Hence, the following tool must be run :
    1. Download and extract the files in the CCFix folder(Win 32-bit or Win 64-bit)
    2. Place AdobeCaptivateFix.exe, CleanResources.bat and CPProjectsNSlides.dll in the Installation folder of Captivate 8.1
    3. Run CleanResources.bat
    4. Captivate opens in a special mode, where you get a file browser.
    5. Choose the files to be fixed and proceed. The fixed cptx files will be placed in the same location as the original. A “_fixed” suffix is added to the new cptx.
    6. Captivate automatically exits after this.Your file is now fixed.
    7. Now open the fixed project and replace all the deleted text animations with the new ones.

I scanned my computer with ClamWin again and it still found the virus. This time it was in the Captivate Cache. Maybe it was from fixing the old files. I deleted all Captivate Cache files and I no longer got a positive Swf.Exploit.CVE_2014_0564-2 found report from ClamWin. YIPPPIEEEEE!

It took almost 200 hours of effort to repair infected files. What I don't understand is how Adobe can have a virus in their Captivate program files and then make us fix the infected files manually. I have asked them to write a program to fix infected files (how hard can that be to automate the steps they gave me?). I never got a response.  That seems really sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines