• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: "unable to sync "state.tif" due to server error - what to do?

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no files uploaded to the cloud.

This file can be deleted if I can find it - It does not seem to exist, though the server says it does.

I have archive permanently deleted it - but the issue persists.

If I can provide better details please advise what you need to help you help me.

I am using a MacBook Air Mid 2013 current latest OSX.

Any ideas please, with thanks in advance?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony,

Are you saying your Creative Cloud folder is empty? your website account is empty, your website archive is empty and your still seeing a sync error for 1 file?. I have your log files but if you could provide me with this information so I can investigate further for you.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

let me see:

Are you saying your Creative Cloud folder is empty? YES - that being the local folder on my computer I presume, it is indeed empty.

your website account is empty, YES not really sure what that is “website account” , but I have nothing uploaded to the Adobe spaces anywhere.

your website archive is empty YES ditto the above - I did one time only “archive” this file and then “permanently delete” it .

The “hot keys” don’t seem to respond e.g. ctrl-shift-click on the “view on web” link(s).

and your still seeing a sync error for 1 file? YES it’s called “state.tif” about 20mb and was a test file originally a bank statement (hence “state”

Thanks for your reply.

Anthony

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the information. Can you tell me if you are on the latest version of Creative Cloud, which is version 2.1.1.110?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good question: I was using LR5 and today realised there is LR6 and that it loads if I select it from the Creative Cloud menu at the top of my screen. Ah, you don’t mean that, you mean “Creative Cloud” .. I ran the Creative Cloud Installer today. Creative Cloud app is not apparent in Spotlight, but there is a folder Creative Cloud and within that a “Creative Cloud “ but no app extension, so I click on it and it seems to be an alias (that’s ironic given we are told not to use aliases) and now i look for version info… and yes finally under preferences it is the version you state 2.1.1.110 - but only as from some time today, don’t know what it was before that, BUT I do have it set to update itself whenever it wishes, so it may or may not have been the latest version as each version was made available.

Apologies for the “story” -

Short answer: YES 2.1.1.110

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok and has the update solved the issues that you were seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. no change - like i said it may well not really have been an update, just a re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you followed the steps below? these have unblocked users who were seeing the same issue.

1. Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App then the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes using Activity Monitor (Mac) or Task Manager (Win)

2) Navigate to:
    MAC: <Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync on Mac OS X
    Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later, see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
    WIN: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync on Windows
    Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

3) Then delete any file that end in .db,.db-shm or db.wal, and re start Creative Cloud (There should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud)

4) Restart Creative Cloud Desktop

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines