Feature request: dedicated subforum for support horror stories

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that numerous customers have had similar experiences to my own. the forum is organized by specific adobe products but there is no sub forum to discuss the actions of support, the forum, the overall customer experience, problems with contacting adobe, and customer support problems. for this reason, I will post my feedback here.

I recently had the need to cancel a subcription that I had already cancelled 3 months ago using my account control panel on adobe.com. It is possible that I may have made a mistake when cancelling my subscription to creative cloud for students but I would attribute this to the sales driven nature of the confusing cancellation process more than I would attribute this to customer responsibility. regardless of where the blame resides, I think it is necesarry to give my feedback to the corporate officers that have outsourced the call center and intentionally designed a confusing cancellation process that is error prone by design to boost sales and decrease trust and overall brand image.

My attempts to contact the correct department heads in charge of managing the operation of support for United States customers was futile. None of the phone numbers for Adobe corporate connect to a live operator. presumably this is done to cut costs but more importantly I believe this is done to block customers from speaking to corporate officers who really don't care about the declining customer experience or any other legitimate communications from customers. this is a common theme throughout my customer experience. To reach a live operator in any department in any corporate office, I had no choice but to use the dial by name directory for every executive that is listed on the adobe website. the first four attempts failed to match any executive listed on the corporate website but on the last attempt I was able to leave my information in the voice mail box of an executive almost. After speaking politely about how I would like to contact the correct department to voice my concerns about the serious problems I experrienced with the call center, I then noticed that the automated system had dropped the call at some point in the middle of me leaving a voice message. The point is that even when escalating a problem to corporate and trying to place the call with the correct department, the call was either blocked or dropped repeatedly and in one instance serruptitiously. This is very frustrating to know that a company I have done business with for 20 years has a consistent policy of dissapointing customers and blocking any meaningful feedback.

Finally I would like to describe my experience with the call center in India. I have no bias or problem speaking to anyone in a call center in any country who can speak english good enough to handle a support request. My experience was that the person's ability to speak english was beyond poor. it was unintelligable. Despite these difficulties I tried to proceed without raising an issue. I understand that the customer service representive is doing the best that they can do. My second problem was that the person's voice was extremely low volume almost non-existent. This excasebated the problem even more. Worse still was that there was some static and distortion on the audio with intermitten failures and dropped audio. I did my best to communicate in a respectful way to explain my support request. After explaining 3 times that the charge to my credit card was in error and that I have already cancelled and stopped using the service 3 months ago, the customer service continued speaking words in hindi and contunued to refuse the refund while talking over me and reading from a script about a hard sell tactic to provide me with more services that I do not want. I did not call in to buy, I called in to cancel after I had already cancelled 3 months prior. the customer service agent asked me what adobe products I use after I explained to the representive that I am not using any adobe products. the question was already answered. the sale was already refused. Three times I was told that the representitive could not refund me after being given the exact same details about how the charge was a mistake. On the fourth time I explained myself, I informed the representitive that I could escalate this to a supervisor or I could escalate this to my bank. Suddenly this representitive who initially lied, wasted my time, and tried to sell me things that I clearly did not want, then proceeds to imediately cancel my subscrition and refund the charge to my credit card that we all agree was a mistake.

this is unacceptable to lie to customers for profit. I understand this is some kind of loss prevention tactic. However the problem is that lying to customers is unethical and fraudulent. If there is a mistake, it must be refunded to comply with banking laws and credit card processing vendor guidelines. If the customer service representive has the power and responsibility to execute a refund without supervisor intervention then it is fraudulent to lie and say that they can not perform the refund. I understand that these representitives have either quota standards to maintain employment or possibly they are paid on commission but this should not usurp the duty of any agent acting on behalf of the company to operate in a way that is honest and lawful. The customer is the source of money for the company. If anyone at corporate thinks that the customer's money is guarunteed then that is a mistake of judgement that will ultimately result in the decline of profits going forward. without customers, without brand image, without value, there is no reason for any customer to part with their money when there are clearly better alternatives available for absolutely every product and service adobe sells.

I coud go on about how the move to subscription was only profitable in the short term. Macroecanomic trends indicate that in times of high unemployment, customers switch to inferior goods or goods that have higher durability or long term value. Luxury goods, overpriced goods, and recurring expenses are eventually replaced by higher cap ex lower op ex products. Poor customer service typically does not manifest in the decline of profits until many years later when the brand image is beyond revival. I am never coming back as a customer. Every job I hold where I make purchasing decisions on behalf of an organization will definitely not include Adobe products going forward. I will tell as many people as I can about the value proposition for substitute products that are better value, not subscription or possibly in some instances free open source software.

all the data you have that implies the new direction of the company is profitable is only profitable in the short term. every company has a beginning, middle, decline. The list of software companies from the 90's that have gone out of business through bad management is numerous. take a lesson from history. invest in your customers not your shareholders.

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where you discuss the operation of the forum(s)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/bd-p/Using-the-Community?page=1&sort=latest_repli...

Do note that Adobe did not write this forum software, it is rented from another company

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultt4a89vst6hmy,

It sounds to me like you have no problem with the community forums per se.  Your issue is with the customer service experience on Adobe.com, the subscription model and whole bunch of other stuff over which fellow product users like us have absolutely NO control.  Therefore, you should put your concerns in a letter to Adobe corporate headquarters where decision makers might actually see it. 

345 Park Ave, San Jose, CA 95110

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines