• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File deletion does not increase space available in CC

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an experiment this morning to see what was going on with my space utilization being incorrect.

1) I added about 5GB of files and folders to my local CC Files folder

2) Sync worked properly, my utilized space went from about 5GB to about 10GB

3) I deleted 5GB of files and folders from my local CC Files folder

4) Sync worked properly, and all 5GB of files and folders were archived in CC

5) From the website interface, I deleted all 5GB of files and folders from the archive

6) My archive showed as empty via the web interface

7) My files and folders on the CC web interface matched the contents of my local CC Files Folder

8) My CC space utilized, according to the web interface, only dropped from 10GB to 9.2GB, but the actual utilization should be a little over 4.9GB.

I suspect this is happening to everyone and will get worse with time. Adobe - please address.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the files aren't still in the 'Archived' section of the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said in Step 6) My archive showed as empty via the web interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps you describe don't replicate the effect here, I've tried it several times on three workstations. At step 4 the usage remains allocated (as it should, given the files are in the archive folder) but as soon as the archive is permanently deleted, usage in both the web portal and CCDA falls to 0%. Within seconds.

If it's not reducing in your case, then the files aren't being deleted. They may not show up, but that's a different problem to the idea that deleting a file doesn't reset the usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A distinction without a difference. Regardless of the actual mecanics behind this, the fact remains that my usage is incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines