Du to my work flow with certain clients and the want to take full advantage of the Creative Cloud I have Decided to place my Google Drive inside my Creative Cloud Folder (Since the Creative Cloud gives 20GB vs Googles 15). Overall there seems to be no major issues except for a few files named a certain way and one or two that I have not figured out what the issue is.
It seems like Creative Cloud is a bit more picky about how file names are done compared to Google or that Google is just better at hiding odd file names on itself and it does not work on CC.
One example is a file that I used a colon in ":" File Name : Secondary Name.
Normally for best practices I try to use dashes "-" as these days they are recognized pretty much the same as underscores "_" but I find dashes are nicer to look at and my brain reads them better. But in this case for reading I wanted to use the colon which translated to a forward slash "/" back on My Macs local copy.
I guess if I have any questions it would be does anyone have any good suggestions or best practices when using these two services together?
I don't know anything about Creative Cloud file naming restrictions, but I would steer very clear of using a colon in a file name in Windows. The colon is used to create a stream, i.e., data that does not show up in the directory. I don't recall the syntax regarding how a colon would be used to create a stream, but I would be very cautious about using it as part of a file or folder name.
No this was not a name created in Windows or even Mac for that matter but in a title for a Google Doc which then turned it into a forward slash when synced up with the local Mac folder. Either way I will just make sure to follow the same naming practices I use for my normal files as I do for Documents created in Google Docs.
Thanx Ken, pretty basic ones to remember. I try to stick with real words and names separated by dash or hyphen. I guess the big thing to be thankful for is that we can have decent sized file names these days, not like the old days where you had to abbreviate everything to make it fit.