• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Sharing options no longer start Safari browser

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed that when I control click on a file in my "Creative Cloud Files" folder the red Adobe icon options appear but they no longer do anything.

The attached screen grab is what I'm seeing.

This makes a simple task more time consuming as I now have to rear up a browser manually and root out the file I'd like to send.

I'd be grateful if someone could suggest a solution to this.

Many thanks,

Carl

Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 11.49.26.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried uninstalling the Creative Cloud desktop application and re-installing it, no joy.... still broken.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not solved, I've checked that Core Sync is checked as below....switched off and on, re-installed CC....

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Carl

Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 12.54.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I explain this another way...

Prior to a few days ago I could control click on a file I’d uploaded in my “Creative Cloud Files” folder which would present the menu with the three red Adobe icons as per my original help request. I could then click on the icon next to “Share Link” and a Safari window would open allowing me to …. share that file.

I now get the icons as before but they don’t do anything at all when I click on them.

Does that make sense?

It’s like the icons aren’t connected to anything.

The method still works perfectly with DropBox, so I'm assuming it's an Adobe issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. In order to further understand the behaviour you are experiencing, can you please provide the following details?

Adobe ID:

Forum nickname:
Forum post link:
Creative Cloud Desktop Version:
What Operating systems are you using:
Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):
Using a proxy (Y/N):
Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):
Specific file or folder names that are affected:
Timezone of your computer:
How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:
Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:

A detailed description of your issue:

Please send us your log files to enable us to better understand your issue.  You can do this by installing and running the log collection tool following the instructions on this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Please email the logs to syncforum-communication@adobe.com

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

Thanks for getting back to me, however, you didn't supply any of the information I required from my post above, you only sent logs. Please fill this information in and send it to me via email. I have opened a bug for the issue your seeing but it requires more information from you. The internal bug number is 4097493.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warner,

All the information was there as requested, I filled in the blanks in your original email and then said "Please find details filled in below“...

Here is is again, please see below.

Thanks,

Carl

Adobe ID:carl@carlwhitham.com <http://carlwhitham.com/>

Forum nickname:Carl Whitham

Forum post link:https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2023536 <http://forums.adobe.com/thread/2023536>

Creative Cloud Desktop Version:3.4.1.181

What Operating systems are you using:10.10.4

Type of internet connectivity (Ethernet/WiFi):Ethernet

Using a proxy (Y/N):N

Firewall (None/Corporate/Local):None except in OS

Specific file or folder names that are affected: Creative Cloud Files

Timezone of your computer:London

How many computers you use with Creative Cloud:2

Are you using Creative Cloud collaboration:No

A detailed description of your issue:Prior to a few days ago I could control click on a file I’d uploaded in my “Creative Cloud Files” folder which would present the menu with the three red Adobe icons as per my original help request. I could then click on the icon next to “Share Link” and a Safari window would open allowing me to …. share that file. I now get the icons as before but they don’t do anything at all when I click on them. It’s like the icons aren’t connected to anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There was nothing "below" in the email, just blank with a zip attachment. Anyway, I will attach this to the bug that was opened and we will have look into this for you.

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, I just copied it from the sent email! But never mind, I really appreciate you taking a look - I’d got so used to the process being “one-click” as advertised.

Cheers,

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

Were you able to solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I didn't solve it myself... but about a week ago it started working fine again!

This wasn't a result of any preceding update I'm aware of... so go figure.

It works, that's all I was interested in. Thanks for checking back with me.

Cheers,

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines