Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File sync folder problem CC 2015

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

before I updated my CC to 2015 my file sync folder was amazing - I saw small "upload progression icon" on file icon, i could press right click and use "share link" etc. And now after update it just behaves like usual windows folder... To share my files i've got to login in web browser etc... Can somebody help me solve this problem? Thank you.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Hi Karolina,

We still have not received an email from you either to my personal address or to our distribution list.  We can see that you might be using a mobile provider for your email is it possible for you to use a different email account?

May I ask the following questions:

• which operating system you are using?
  • Are you involved in a collaboration, sharing assets with someone else?

In the meantime please can you try the following steps, to get you syncing again:

1. Backup your creative cloud files fold

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karolina,

We are sorry to hear that you have had problems since the upgrade.  We are here to help!

If this is Windows specific:  during the install process we restart Windows Explorer, if the upgrade has taken place as a non admin user its possible that windows explorer wasn't restarted.  There are two ways to see if we can get your progress icons working again:

If either of these fail to work would you be able to send us your log files so that we can investigate further?

Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and send it to me at syncforum-communication@adobe.com.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, check your mailbox, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karolina,

I've searched through our mailbox but I cannot find your reply - could you check the email address syncforum-communication@adobe.com is correct and try again.  I will monitor my emails this morning.

Warmest wishes,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashley,

i sent it again. Check your mailbox one more time please. Thank you.

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karolina,

can you ensure you are on the latest version (2.1.1.110)?

If you are, please try the following steps:

1) Quit Creative Cloud Desktop App then the CoreSync and Adobe Desktop Service processes using Activity Monitor (Mac) or Task Manager (Win)

2) Navigate to:

MAC: <Mac Hard Drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync on Mac OS X

Note: The Users Library user folder is hidden on starting with 10.7 or later, see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

WIN: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\CoreSync on Windows

Note: The AppData folder is hidden by default this doc shows how to show it if needed, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html

3) Then delete any file that end in .db,.db-shm or db.wal, and re start Creative Cloud (There should be 3 or 4 files, but could be more if you have multiple accounts signing into CreativeCloud)

4) Restart Creative Cloud Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi derekjack,

yes my version is (2.1.1.110).

It's pretty weird because actually I dont have a CoreSync folder in Roaming folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karolina,

I'm just catching up with correspondence and notice that the path is incorrect it should read C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, check your mailbox please Thank you

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer Christopher, but for me it doesnt work.

Some more ideas?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karolina,

We still have not received an email from you either to my personal address or to our distribution list.  We can see that you might be using a mobile provider for your email is it possible for you to use a different email account?

May I ask the following questions:

• which operating system you are using?
  • Are you involved in a collaboration, sharing assets with someone else?

In the meantime please can you try the following steps, to get you syncing again:

1. Backup your creative cloud files folder by copying it to another location outside of that file hierarchy.
  2. Rename the following file
    1. for windows: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\OOBE\ffc to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\OOBE\ffc.old (this will prevent you from having to uninstall the other Adobe products)
    2. for mac: Users/Shared/Adobe/OOBE/ffc to Users/Shared/Adobe/OOBE/ffc.old
  3. Uninstall the Creative Cloud application from the Control panel
  4. Download and reinstall the creative cloud app from here. https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud
  5. This will redownload assets from the cloud and you will need to resolve any discrepancies between your backup folder and the creative cloud files folder.

If this route is not supported we will have to set up a connect session where we can share your desktop session - what time suits you

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Ashley, after this reinstall everything works fine. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines