• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File syncing doesn't work well (steps + a solution)

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just would like to report like many people I have issues to have the file sync feature working properly all the time.

Steps to reproduce:

1- on a Thinkpad Yoga, Windows 8.1, I create a new file in Illustrator named "Assessment 2.1.ai"

2- Adobe Cloud syncs the file to the web (it's a small file), I can view it on the web site of Adobe cloud.

3- Turn on my mac back from sleep mode (a very cleaned Yosemite version, almost fresh upgrade from previous MacOSX, all software up to date).

4- Adobe cloud app is already running, and it tells me that all the files are sync.

However I don't have the file in my Mac folder even after 30 minutes.

Resolving the problem:

5- I close adobe cloud (the cloud icon disappears from the top bar). I close illustrator.

6 - I run 'Adobe creative cloud' - somehow it doesn't seem to want to open - no icon on the top bar.

7- I check activity monitor, it seems a process like com.apple.geod (can't remember exactly the name except the geod part) is not responsive

8- I force quit this process

9- I run 'Creative cloud' - it seems I was triggering the wrong 'Adobe creative cloud' (I am using spotligh to launch all my apps).

10- Adobe cloud opens, the icon is displayed in top bar, and it starts syncing the files.

A notification is displayed and the files are synced. Yes!

I didn't do more testing, maybe it's the sleep mode, maybe something else. Anyway if the files seem to not sync, close adobe cloud, check for a not responsive process, force quit it, rerun the correct creative cloud app. The sync should work.

Cheers,

Jerome

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerome,

I am encountering the same issue that you have described. You are correct about the com.apple.geod process, and one other one which is CoreSync, an Adobe Creative Cloud process. It is also listed as unresponsive. I have to force quit that process and then re-open the CC app fresh to get it to sync again. Not sure what is triggering it, it obviously happens after CC has been running for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jazz,

yes I noticed that coresync was not responsive too on a different day. It seems it's always either coresync either geod that need to be force quit. Just to add more info for Adobe devs, my Mac is a Macbook Pro mid 2009 with 8RAM, and I changed the HHD for a SSD. I use it as a desktop computer only. I recently reset the SMC and yosemite is a fresh upgrade from a clean Lion OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jazzbangle, Jerome Mouneyrac,

We're currently investigating another report that may be the same issue that you are seeing. Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further? Please zip up the entire 'CoreSync' folder at the location below and send it to me at bmordue@adobe.com.

Mac:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync

Windows:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CoreSync

'Library' on Mac and 'AppData' on Windows are both hidden folders. Please read these pages for help on showing these folders:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/show-hidden-files-folders-extensions.html (Win)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html (Mac)

Thanks,

Ben

w3843469

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I have replied as requested. I hope you are able to make something of this, as the CoreSync freezes are still happening intermittently; again, not sure exactly why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Ben, I sent a zip file too. Cheers, Jerome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines