• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File syncing not working

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to sync some projects with CC with no luck so far. It keep prompting error messages for some regular PNG and JPG files I have (More than 100 of them!). The message include a "Contact customer support" link that links to nowhere. I already have those files synced with Google Drive (Which is a free service by the way) with no problem whatsoever. Any clue of what is happening.

By the way, is there a real "Contact customer support" link where I can ask to real support people directly?

Captura de pantalla 2014-06-01 a la(s) 11.50.13.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, it solved my problem, at least partially…

It turns out that the problem was that I can't name my files as I want, I need to rely on old MS-DOS era name conventions. I was using "con" as part of my files names and for some reason that is forbidden in Adobe Cloud. So the solution is quite easy: simply move all my files to Google Drive where I can name them as I want not as someone tells me to do. (It also works fine on Dropbox).

What are you expecting Adobe? Maybe that I change my assets and code naming conventions to fit your policies? Come on Adobe! we are in 2014…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true. Creative Cloud will accept any name you want provided it doesn't contain reserved characters. A file called "con-01-01.jpg" will sync just fine, but the folder you put it in might be invalid. John's second link explains all the conventions required.

Rubén Santiago wrote:

I was using "con" as part of my files names and for some reason that is forbidden in Adobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From my experience both filenames and folders need to follow naming convention. I tried to change "con-01-01.jpg" to "test.jpg" and it won't sync. The only way for it to sync it change folder's name then both the folder and the file get. synced.

I can't afford change folders or files name as they are asset for web projects and I'm not willing to change the code just to bypass this limitation of Creative Cloud.

I just moved all my files both to Dropbox and Google Drive and everything is working fine from there without having to change a single name. The worst part is that these are free services and CC is not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines