• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files and folders disappeared after last update

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, after the last update (to the 2017 cc) many files and folders just disappeared from the creative cloud.
I wasn't able to find them both in the cc archive or in my computers (I'm using the same account on 2 different notebooks).

When I try to access those files from the recents items of Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator I get a message like "the file doesn't exist, it's used by another application, or you don't have the proper authorization".

Is there a way to restore the cc to the day before the update?

Thanks for the help

Andrea

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrea,

Did you ever get the files back? I don't think there is a way to restore CC to before the update.

I would want to search the hard drive on both computers and check online Adobe Creative Cloud

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to access saved files of older versions of InDesign, etc?  They all disappeared when updating to 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well.  I just updated and now all previous files saved on my computer are missing.  Where did they go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Margaret,

Sorry for the delay.Did you ever find the missing files?

I would be tempted to search the entire hard drive for all  InDesign or other project type files  - .indd

A few questions too

Where were the missing files saved at that disappeared?

Did you remove the CC2015 products when you installed the CC2017 versions?

Are you on Windows or Mac?

Let us know if you're still facing difficulties

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines