• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files and Folders Mysteriously Moved to the Archives

Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title states, I have just experienced files and folders from my Creative Cloud account moving to the archives. I have restored these files, but not all made it back to their original location. I noticed other reports of this happening.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

Sorry to hear this happened. I had a few additional questions to better understand:

• Are you on Windows or Mac? which version?
  • Were the files which got moved ones which were collaborated with others?
  • If you were collaborating, did files being moved to the Archive happen to others too?
  • Did you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop app installed when it occurred? 4.2.0.211
  • Did you have any issues with long sync times or was sync running preceding the incident?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

• Files are shared from a number of computers including Windows 4.2.0.211, Mac 4.2.0.211, and Mac 3.8.0.310

• Yes

• Yes

• Not on the one Mac

• Yes, I have sporadically experienced longer than usual sync times. Other things I have observed is CC runs a sync when there were no files updated. And I receive messages that some files can not be synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. I know there were some improvements with the last update to the Creative Cloud app that addressed an issue related to this. There was an issue where if a system went into a sleep state while syncing, collaborated files/folders were incorrectly moved to the Archive. I'm not sure if in your case because the Mac wasn't up to date, that it may have encountered the issue? I know when files are moved to the Archive, it can be really inconvenient having the prior file structure lost. Are you still getting a message that some files can't be synced? If so, does it give any kind of any error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No specific error code, but the messages are "Unable to sync some files" or "Unable to sync data". I suspect this issue might be due to an illegal character in the files that can not be synced.

Is there any way to determine the name of the files that will not sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thing I recently did was give a folder public access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines