Files and font sync turn off working with InDesign..

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Files and font sync turns off when I work with InDesign directly on the CC disctop files folder. It use to be ok to work directly in sync mode, but apparently not any more. I guess the problem is the backup file that InDesign creates, that consist of signs behaps not allowed (?). It use to work for me, but not any more..?

Do anyone els have the same problem?

Jørgen

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Files and font sync turn off working with InDesign..

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Files and font sync turns off when I work with InDesign directly on the CC disctop files folder. It use to be ok to work directly in sync mode, but apparently not any more. I guess the problem is the backup file that InDesign creates, that consist of signs behaps not allowed (?). It use to work for me, but not any more..?

Do anyone els have the same problem?

Jørgen

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved the discussion to InDesign Forum]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2013 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I choose to disagree with Arpit. I've been working with InDesign CC and the new Typekit capabilities, and it has nothing to do with it.

I'm forwarding this to the forum specially set up to help early users of Typekit.

Here are the troubleshooting methods I've used when I've had problems:

(1) Make sure you have the latest version of Creative Cloud desktop. The best way is to uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud, then download it again from creative.adobe.com. That will probably fix the problem.

(2) If you have a temporary problem getting connection, you may have to restart your computer, or quit out of Creative Cloud Desktop and start it again.

Also, there are Typekit support people here who can help if you continue to have problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Thanks for your reply. In the Creative Cloud Help page I get, it says: "Save and close the file when you're done editing it and the error goes away.", but I actually have to reconnect. The bad thing about this is that it turns off the font sync as well when I was working.

I have temporarely solved the problem, simply be changing the name of the file I'm working on. I have tryed to reproduce it with a different name - all with leagal signs according to the page mensioned above - with no success (which is positive). Then I tryed to move the file to a new folder within the folder I was working on, and then it  worked without problem. Strange.

I guess, if I run in to the same problem again, I will just try to change the name.

Thanks

J

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2013 0