On Thursday last week I noticed that synch said I was out of space (I have 100 gb) so I did a full back up to an external drive I have and then deleted some of the movie files.
This made no impact on the storage although it should have done. On Friday I was working on a project and then went to lunch and came back and the folder containing the brand assets I use for every project disappeared.
I contacted support and was on their for nearly two hours and the person who helped me downloaded logs to look into the matter and said they would be in touch on Monday.
I did not hear from them at all on Monday so carried on using the external hard drive for projects I'm working on.
On Tuesday I contacted support again and was told the person hadn't figured out what had happened and they would contact me in 3-4 hours.
They contacted me at 3pm yesterday (Tuesday) and basically reinstalled creative cloud and told me it was fixed. It wasn't as the files were still missing from the folders. then they mentioned this could be due to a bug and they will check with their engineers.
Obviously I want to complain about this and I told them that and they disconnected the screen share and have not responded to my email askign about whether I should try reconnecting it.
I have started to restore all of the files form the archive - which I did not put in there - and they are now showing up in funny locations in the folder.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Basically my filing system has been hijacked by someone or something in the creative cloud and files have been moved to the archive without my knowledge or consent to do so.
I am very concerned that I am paying for what I thought was a reliable and secure storage system that isn't.
I'm sorry for any confusion you experienced when working with support and that this issue happened to you. I have heard reports of things similar to this happening to others in the past, but there can be different causes in each case. My understanding is once files get moved to the Archive that they lose their prior folder hierarchy. I don't think there is an easy way to restore them when moving them back. I'd recommend continuing to work with support until you get to the bottom of it. It definitely isn't normal. In other instances where I've seen something like this occur, it's been related to network permissions or some other software conflicting with the operation of the sync process. Support collecting the log files and then working with engineering to diagnose and resolve it is what needs to happen, so it sounds like you're going through the correct process.
If you continue to have difficulties or don't get it resolved please post again.
I'm still waiting for this to be resolved and keep getting random messages from support and promises of them doing the work to fix it and then it falling through because they don't turn up to the time we have agreed to meet.
They say there is a known bug so I have no reassurance that this won't happen again, and they haven't confirmed if it will or not. They don't seem to understand why it even happened in the first place. I am fed up with this now - it has been the worst customer support I have ever experienced. All they are doing now is cross checking files to what I have saved on my external.
Is there anyone I can speak to about this to get it resolved asap??
I am the only graphic designer in the company with these programmes and I have no other machine I can do my work on so this is greatly impacting upon me and my team.
They've paused my creative cloud and i'm currently saving to my desktop as I'm unsure of what is happening.
I'm sorry to hear it hasn't gone well. I'll see what I can do to help.
Still no solution - the engineers don't seem to know why this has happened and my Creative Cloud has been put on pause as it still auto archives files without my permission. I currently have duplicates of folders as well as two Creative Cloud folders on my local machine from when it has been put back on synch.
As you can imagine this has really disrupted my workflow and now I have to relink all files as folders are in different places to where they were previously and files are now in a duplicate folder '"folder name"1' rather than "folder name" where they were before.
Thanks for following up Jessica. Sorry this has been such an involved process and is taking so long to get sorted out. I reached out to different people internally who have been helping with the issue, and it looks like getting it fixed has taken some significant engineering research and ultimately requires code changes to the way to product works. Thanks for all your patience through this, hopefully we'll have it sorted soon.