• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Not Syncing to PC's with Collaborative Docs

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project with two other members of my team and we are each adding media to our local folders and taking turns on our After Effects file, but the files are not syncing properly from PC to Cloud back to PC.

As each one of us makes a save or adds a file, it correctly updates the collaborative folder on the cloud site, but each computer isn't automatically updating the AE file with the most current version or downloading new assets.

Are we doing something wrong or is this a glitch?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Thanks David - no, although I probably should have to start. I just created my own project as I normally would and then invited others to share it for collaboration.

I thought the file syncing and updating would be the same as if i were using two computers, which I've done without issue before. Finding out its not entirely the case. I will say that when I booted up my PC this morning the entire folder synced as expected, it just wasn't doing it on the fly throughout yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GunnettDH,

Adobe has a beta program for team and enterprise subscribers to collaboratively edit video projects. I'm not sure if that is what you're using, but that's what I'd recommend. Please see this articles for more info about this program.

Collaborate on shared video projects |

Working simultaneously in shared video projects

Is this what you're using?

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks David - no, although I probably should have to start. I just created my own project as I normally would and then invited others to share it for collaboration.

I thought the file syncing and updating would be the same as if i were using two computers, which I've done without issue before. Finding out its not entirely the case. I will say that when I booted up my PC this morning the entire folder synced as expected, it just wasn't doing it on the fly throughout yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines