Files Won't Upload

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried uploading two separate PSD files from my Mac. Neither filename contains special characters. The extension for each is PSD. The files pass multiple virus checks. One files is about 650MB while the other is about 900MB. They are the largest PSD files that I have. Neither will upload either through the web interface nor the CC app. I have plenty of space left on CC. The files just fail about 50-60% of the way through upload. It's frustrating because the limits specified by Adobe are 1GB for web upload and 5GB for CC app, and that's the only thing I can imagine that would be preventing these uploads. What is happening? How can I get these files into CC?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Files Won't Upload

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried uploading two separate PSD files from my Mac. Neither filename contains special characters. The extension for each is PSD. The files pass multiple virus checks. One files is about 650MB while the other is about 900MB. They are the largest PSD files that I have. Neither will upload either through the web interface nor the CC app. I have plenty of space left on CC. The files just fail about 50-60% of the way through upload. It's frustrating because the limits specified by Adobe are 1GB for web upload and 5GB for CC app, and that's the only thing I can imagine that would be preventing these uploads. What is happening? How can I get these files into CC?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 15, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mkramerl,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Are you still having the issue?

• Are you using a high speed internet connection?
  • How long does it attempt to upload before it fails?

Thanks,

- Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2014 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Sorry for the delayed response. I am still having the issue. I am using high speed internet (60/6 at home and about 100Mb/20Mb at work). It sometimes fails immediately but usually closer to halfway. I've noticed the halfway is fairly consistent when uploading through the web interface.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

M

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M,

Sorry for the delay. I'm seeing if we can investigate more from our side. Does it seem like a time out issue? Does it give any kind of error when it fails?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to let you know we are still looking into this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our engineering department confirmed issue is related to a timing out issue. For troubleshooting I would want to ensure you don't have anything imposing bandwidth restrictions and try temporarily closing out of any other bandwidth intensive apps when using file sync as a workaround.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2014 0
mkramerl LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was actually set on 50% upload/download speed just so I don't throttle uploads on other systems in my home. I set this to 100% and went to bed hoping that the upload would successfully complete this time; however, when I checked today, the files had failed again and my system had completely run out of memory for some reason (no other applications open). I can't say for sure if this was due to CC, but it was the first time I've ever had the OS pause tasks and give me a warning about memory usage. At this point David, I'm not concerned about it. I no longer have need of the PSD files as the project is complete and I've exported to hi-res JPG for future use and uploaded those. Also, it's unusual that I need huge PSD files on the go; however, it would be nice to see this fully functional in a future version. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't really detract from CC's appeal. Lots of cloud storage services throttle their users in some way or another. It may be due to the 6Mb/s upload speed I have. I didn't try uploading at Google NYC; my work speed is much more substantial. If I have the need again, I'll utilize a faster work connection and reply on this thread. I appreciate all your (and co-workers) help. I completely understand the enormity of the task Adobe has with managing the CC suite and cloud-based services and reiterate that this does not in any way make my experience negative.

Thanks again for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2014 0