• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts not syncing between machines...

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started with Font sync on my desktop...selected a bunch of fonts to work with and it worked great (this is literally one of the best additions to my workflow ever)!

When I moved onto working on my laptop from home...it was also working great...Then today I open up CC and it's not syncing. So I check on Typekit...yep everything is still checked to sync there, but nothing showing up on CC and the fonts aren't available in my apps. So I try adding a few new fonts...these ones DO sync...but not the ones I had previously checked. I tried unselecting the old fonts on Typekit then reselecting, doesn't work (although new fonts do), tried restarting syncing, restarting CC. Nada.

Really bizarre that it was working and now it's not. Also stranger that I can add new fonts, but deleting and re-adding the earlier ones doesn't make them work.

Unfortunately, I'm smack bang in the middle of a project using a bunch of fonts I now can't access with a looming deadline. Not fun times.

I saw a similar-ish issue on another thread, with a response saying that a fix was being worked on....Any idea of timeframe?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition....I restarted my laptop. All the 'new' fonts that I had synced at home were no longer available (in addition to the ones previously added on desktop), even though they were all still set to sync on Typekit. Again, I could add new fonts that I had never synced before, but fonts I had already synced were no longer available. Basically, it keeps whittling down the available fonts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

it would be useful to see your log files.  You can get them from either location below, depending on your OS:

Mac:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

(On Mac, you need to use the Go To Folder option from the Go option in Finder (menu at the top).  Then in the pop up enter:

/users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/

Then select go, this will take you to the folder containing the .log files.)

Windows:

%APPDATA%/Adobe/CoreSync/CoreSync-yyyy-mm-dd.log

Then email them to me on djack@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines