• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forced to sign back into CC repeatedly (and awful experiences with customer service)

Participant ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every morning when I open my macbook, I'm forced to sign back in (usually twice) to CC. If illustrator, photoshop, or indesign are open, I'm forced to quit. I also usually have to sign back into those as well.

This has been going on for at least the last month. Attempts at getting help from customer service have been incredibly frustrating. Multiple calls, hours spent on hold, and due to language barriers, poor connections, or lack of technical knowledge, no reps have been able to understand the issue let alone solve it.

If there was another option as far as software needed for my work, I would take it in a heartbeat.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

I am truly finding your responses baffling. Isn't the whole point of this forum to crowdsource troubleshooting, in the hopes that other users may be able to help where Adobe support fails? 

[Irrelevant personal remarks removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - started about two days ago. I just updated to macOS 11 as well as downloaded the Account Access so I wasn't sure if it was one of those. My Creative Cloud version is 5.3.1.470

It seems like every 12 hours it logs me out and then subsequently forces all applications to quit which is really frustrating when I'm trying to render large video files. 

So far, I've tried uninstalling all of the CC apps and running the CC cleaner but to no avail sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing many posts in different forums all about the same issues. It seems pretty clear that this was a bug with the last update. And all of the solutions adobe has published do not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many tries I finally got on the phone with a rep who at least understood the problem. He walked me through a potential solution, though only time will tell if it worked.

Apparently using the Creative Cloud Cleaner, removing CC and all CC files, and then deleting all stored Adobe keys, and reinstalling CC, is one potential solution.

Cleaner download here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: this solution seemed to work for a few days but the issue is now back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved from Licensing to Creative Cloud Services.]

Repeated requests for log-in are NOT normal.  Please refer to this help article for solutions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a generic solution that has been proposed by many Adobe employees on this forum; it has not worked for me nor many others. Did this work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user community, not Adobe technical support. 

1. With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.

https://account.adobe.com/plans
2. Scroll down to Contact Adobe on the same page.
3. Online chat is available in English 24/7.
4. In the chat box, type AGENT followed by enter key and wait for a human.
5. Alternately, phone customer service M-F during normal business hours.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what your point was here. Is this thread somehow not appropriate for this forum? 

Also in my original post I've described my attempts at getting help through contacting Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a product user-to-user forum.  For technical help, please phone Adobe customer service M-F during normal business hours.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bear with me here; was it your understanding that I'm not aware of the option to call Adobe customer service? Maybe I'm not understanding your responses but I'm unsure how they're supposed to be at all helpful.

In case it wasn't clear, I am indeed aware that this is a user forum. I posted here because Adobe support has been extremely unhelpful. I was hoping that users might be able to provide more help than actual Adobe employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that you have already begun a support case, there's not much more for us to suggest except to update your case and request that it be escalated to a supervisor who can help you.

https://account.adobe.com/plans

Scroll down to View Support History.

NOTE:  The pandemic crisis is still with us.  Due to staff shortages and stay @ home orders, wait times may be longer than normal.  Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am truly finding your responses baffling. Isn't the whole point of this forum to crowdsource troubleshooting, in the hopes that other users may be able to help where Adobe support fails? 

[Irrelevant personal remarks removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, removing the adobe keychain items has worked for me, though I only did that a day or two ago so it might show up again. Keeping my fingers crossed. I removed all of the private notes stored in the keychain, and noticed that there were two items for my login as well, so I removed the older of the two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, about an hour after writing this it logged me out, so it appears that the keychain wasn't the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Closing those programs and then Shuttting down your Mac for the Night and or the time you will be away from it instead of putting it to Sleep

Or Even Shutting down the programs Before you put it to sleep and then Restarting your Mac or waking it from the Sleep mode and then start your Adobe programs?

Does that stop the requirement to Sign In again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I tried that and the results varied. But I also shouldn't be forced to do that just to stop this very irritating bug.

Luckily I finally managed to get through to a competent Adobe support rep. After spending all day on the phone and chatting with different reps, I found the email contact for a higher up at Adobe. After emailing them, I promptly received a phone call from a new rep who was night and day better than the others I had spoken with previously.

During a remote session with this new rep, he went through and reset a lot of the folder permissions for various Adobe folders. Including ones that were super buried in the Adobe folder structure. Fingers crossed that this solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines