Highlighted

Freeing up space in CC storage not working properly

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been trying to transfer work from Adobe Draw (iOS) to Illustrator (macOS). Adobe Draw says the process is complete, but nothing actually happens on the other end of the line.

To try solving this issue, I launched the Creative Cloud for the first time in a long time, and reactivated the file synchronisation, which I almost never touched.

Please remember I never uploaded anything willingly on CC. There are a lot of things I don't understand about the sync feature:

• When I reactivated the CC file sync, I didn't understand why 70% of my storage was used, and CC was announcing synchronisation for... 20092 files. Right...
  • The "Creative Cloud Files" folder in my Finder then started filling with gigabytes-heavy folders (?) from... CC 2017 apps (!?), containing the actual apps. All Adobe softwares on my Mac are CC 2019...
  • Since the Uninstall file each of these folders contained were void (0 Kb), I deleted these app folders locally (via Finder) and emptied the trash, then permanently deleted them from My Work (online) where they still appeared (perhaps because the sync was still going on).
  • Now my local "Creative Cloud Files" folder is almost empty, apart from a 0 Kb "Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017" folder marked with a red exclamation sign, which doesn't appear anymore on my online "My Work" folders but keeps popping in my local "Creative Cloud Files" folder whenever I try to delete it.
  • Also, even though I deleted the other 2017 apps from my local "Creative Cloud Files" folder, and "My Work" online doesn't contain anything, my CC desktop app still says it's syncing 20092 files, and the “Assets” folder on the CC app still says that only 65% of my storage is used (though I .

(Also, my Draw → Illustrator transfer still don't work after all these manipulations... I guess that'll justify another topic.)

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Freeing up space in CC storage not working properly

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been trying to transfer work from Adobe Draw (iOS) to Illustrator (macOS). Adobe Draw says the process is complete, but nothing actually happens on the other end of the line.

To try solving this issue, I launched the Creative Cloud for the first time in a long time, and reactivated the file synchronisation, which I almost never touched.

Please remember I never uploaded anything willingly on CC. There are a lot of things I don't understand about the sync feature:

• When I reactivated the CC file sync, I didn't understand why 70% of my storage was used, and CC was announcing synchronisation for... 20092 files. Right...
  • The "Creative Cloud Files" folder in my Finder then started filling with gigabytes-heavy folders (?) from... CC 2017 apps (!?), containing the actual apps. All Adobe softwares on my Mac are CC 2019...
  • Since the Uninstall file each of these folders contained were void (0 Kb), I deleted these app folders locally (via Finder) and emptied the trash, then permanently deleted them from My Work (online) where they still appeared (perhaps because the sync was still going on).
  • Now my local "Creative Cloud Files" folder is almost empty, apart from a 0 Kb "Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017" folder marked with a red exclamation sign, which doesn't appear anymore on my online "My Work" folders but keeps popping in my local "Creative Cloud Files" folder whenever I try to delete it.
  • Also, even though I deleted the other 2017 apps from my local "Creative Cloud Files" folder, and "My Work" online doesn't contain anything, my CC desktop app still says it's syncing 20092 files, and the “Assets” folder on the CC app still says that only 65% of my storage is used (though I .

(Also, my Draw → Illustrator transfer still don't work after all these manipulations... I guess that'll justify another topic.)

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?