Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Drive File Stream vs. Adobe Creative Cloud apps syncing/crashing issues

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

We using Google Drive File Stream for storage and collaboration on our company projects and have had syncing issues since Google switched to Drive File Stream. We use Apple MacBook Pros and keep our files online only. Our Creative Suite apps are all up to date (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, Bridge).

We are frequently (in my case 5-7 times a day) crashing while working in InDesign, usually when accessing files in Finder (Command-D, for instance), doing simple searches, opening up Finder directories/windows.

Syncing is ongoing and continual, and occasionally gets clogged up and freezes the computer.

The laptop that does most of the crashing was built mid-2015, runs on the Mojave OS and has a 2.8 GHz processor. The other laptop was built early 2013, runs on High Sierra, and has a 2.7 GHz processor. Both have i7 Intel cores, have 16 Gb RAM, 1600 MHz DDR3 (we're getting into geek speak and am rather challenged as to what that means).

Memory is not an issue.

Question: is this an Adobe vs. Google issue (and what's the fix), or an Adobe vs. Google vs. Apple issue (and what's the fix)?

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a co worker on a Lenovo Laptop running windows 10 that is having similar issues. Don't think that Apple is a factor in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I'm having the same issues. Google Drive File Stream does not seem to play well with CC apps. Once a CC app crash is triggered - usually when bringing up a save dialog windows - the crash tends to ripple out and crash all opeen CC apps eventualy, as well as the Finder, File Stream, and all instances of the CEPHtmlEngine that CC has running in the background. Not optimal.

---

MacBook Pro 2018

System Version: macOS 10.15.2 (19C57)
Kernel Version: Darwin 19.2.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a means of adding weight to the importance of resolving this problem, I wasn't really sure which support thread to choose.  There are soo many, and the problems exist across each and every product that Adobe offers, as starting another seems frivilous.

The issues surrounding Google (Drive, Stream and/or its previous incumbants) and Adobe CC (and/or its its previous incumbants), is just relentless. It spans across all of the Adobe products and goes back for many many years.

Every time I have a problem with these products (over years of using them) the specific error and version number of that piece of software) is slightly different. This makes it hard for us as users (paying consumer if you will) to collectively voice that the problem isn't version, programme or hardware specific, but something greater than than. 

For people, like myself, who rely on both Google and Adobe (not to mention Apple) to run their creative businesses - and pay a considerable amount of money for that - it is in my opinion and likely many others aswell - not really acceptable anymore. 

These organisations dominate the means by which we have to operate as professional creatives, and a closer syncronicity between the way they plan, progamme and schedule their software is a must! 

As a creative, but also someone who codes, I can understand the nuances that might exist within each of the organisation's long term plans, code bases and release schedules, where an error here and there is fine.   However, when issues are re-occuring (every week/monthly) and span for many years, It would suggest this isn't version specific, but much more.

Possibly an institutional denial and/or and underlying mis-allignment of how to develop software products that are compatible with each otehr. I also, dare say, its in Adobe's interest for use all to use their cloud and not Google's, and I expect that because of this, my comment might not stay in this thread very long.

Furthermore, when I start reading support threads in which Adobe officially suggests we should be re-naming and re-saving files continously as a means of circumeventing problems, it becomes laughable, not to mention detrimental to the workflow that many professionals have been using for their entire careers. 

Please refer these comments to a team of employees inside Adobe who can in turn present us (as paying adobe users) with information or evidence that suggests you are looking into this as a long term problem, and are willing to solve it. As opposed to referring the the issue to the user (us), and/or version numbers). Its very difficult to find information online that suggest you are already doing this, but I'm wrong, please provide us with some link to this.

Thanks for you time in reading this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new file streaming follout from Google is an unmitigated disaster with Adobe.
I know this is an old post but I've still got these issues in 2023. I found that turning syncing off all day and running it at the end of the day solved some of the issues. But its not ideal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if anyone posting here has an enterprise subscription, open the support tab on your admin console > start chat or start case or request expert session. https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-and-expert-services.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having this issues - and would love to have a solution for Google + Adobe to work seamlessly as its causing a ton of issues with our design teams internally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chloe27541328z7kx 

who's "we"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chloe's company and the rest of us who don't work with Chloe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, for teams and enterprise subscribers, contact adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, people have. We're told it's a google issue and the google saying the same. Whatever, looks like no one cares either way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

^^ agreed. Or that we should not use/save Adobe products in the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines