• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Unable to sync <filename> due to server error.

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this recurring issue, across both my Macbook pro and iMac.

All my files bar one folder sync fine, it even syncs the sub folders but none of the actual files.

Have tried quiting CC, Core sync in activity monitor and deleting the .db files and restarting... Still doesn't sync..

Not sure what to do next?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delay. Are you still facing the issue?

I have a few questions to better understand the situation:

• Do you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud App installed on both Macs? (You can check from the Creative Cloud app preferences)
  • What version of the Mac OS are you running? Are both Mac running the same?
  • What is the name of the Folder which the sync issue is occurring?
  • Are you using the Collaboration feature on the folder?  (this > Collaborate on folders and libraries from Creative Cloud account)
  • What country are you in when this is occurring?
  • Could you capture and post a screen shot?

Sorry for so many questions, this will help us to start narrowing down the issue. We may need to collect the log files from your system after getting this info.

Thanks for your help,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Premiere cannot link After Effects media which was previously linked. I've located the file but entering OK does nothing. What's more, Import refuses my AE project because "The importer reported a generic error." I hope my error is generic enough to be resolved.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 11.09.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

It sounds like you might be encountering a different issue but possibly with some similarities. Are you getting a Unable to sync <filename> due to server error too? Is the After Effects project being synced by File Sync in the same location as shown here in the import failure dialogue?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Both are using 3.9.1.335

1 Mac is El Captain and one is Yosemite

The folder is a simple name " Working Files"

No collaboration on the folder

Based in the UK

Thanks for your help

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 09.05.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

I've reported the issue to our engineering department but we're still trying to get to the bottom of the issue. Would you be able to help us out by collecting log files off of the system with the issue?

If you download and run the log collector tool from Log Collector Tool  it will create a .zip on the desktop of the log files, from there, if you could just upload and share a link where to download the log files from I'll pass the link on to our engineering department. You can send me the link privately by using the direct message feature here on the forums. If you hover over my user name there should be the  Message option next to follow.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

I got some feedback from engineering after they reviewed your account. It looks like your company has a team membership but you haven't been assigned a seat on the team account yet. Any of the seats on the team account include 100GB of storage. Because your account is still at the free level, you have the default 2GB of storage. It looks like other team members shared files with you which eventually exceeded your free storage amount. If your company assigned you a seat it would increase the storage amount up to 100GB where you would have more space. It wasn't failing on specific file types but just started failing on these files when you ran out of space.

You might want to empty your Archive too to free out space: Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Please let me know if that makes sense, and if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David,

I will ask my administrator to update and see if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, let me know if you're still having any difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines