Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hierarchies and system for tags and file names when working with CC library

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if any one of you has experience working with CC Libraries and having to name/tag all items in a way that is easily searchable any time and by anyone.

I am working on different scientific videos accompanying them with illustrated items which I use, edit and reuse regularly.
So far I have up to 50 Libraries with up to 2300 items, and we are about to expand our Team of Illustrators which will also have to use the libraries.
As far as I could tell from other discussion panels, there is not yet a filter system that would allow an easier way of sorting through, correct?

So I was wondering if there are any ideas to work around this issue by name tagging, or similar functions? Using different, categories (e.g - all my items concerning technology are named, "technology,..." but then also more specifically "technology, spintronics, electrons, magnet...") As you can imagine that is pretty time consuming and requires a lot of discipline and still does not allow to clearly arrange all assets.

That's the best I could come up with though so far and I was hoping some of you running into similar issues have come up with better solutions?

Obviously the development of a proper tagging function in the near future would be highly appreciated.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Hi LatestThinking,

I know there are plans to add more features to libraries around organizing libraries assets - one of the most common feature requests is for options around being able to organize the library assets into folders and sub-folders. I hadn't heard the tagging feature but will take note of it to share with our developers.

Thanks for posting,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LatestThinking,

I know there are plans to add more features to libraries around organizing libraries assets - one of the most common feature requests is for options around being able to organize the library assets into folders and sub-folders. I hadn't heard the tagging feature but will take note of it to share with our developers.

Thanks for posting,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines