• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High resolution color on PDFs look bad

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload a high resolution PDF to Creative Cloud Files, the color looks off.

Low resolution versions look fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Robert

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, something has changed in the way previews are being built. PDFs created from the same file a few weeks back look OK, but now the colors are way more saturated and shifted. If I download the actual PDF, the colors look right, so it's just the preview within the cloud.

It shouldn't change…don't know what Adobe has changed, but it doesn't seem to matter what the color profiles are or anything else about the way the PDF is created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert and Evan,

Could one of you please privately send me a high-res PDF that exhibits this issue?  We can then look into what has caused this change.

Thanks,
Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elba,

I just sent you a link to a file.

Thank you.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since this week.

The link below will go to a folder in my CC where i have two PDF files, that as exactly the same file, but one was uploaded some time ago, and the other one was uploaded this week. There is possible to see the difference.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elba.

Has there been any progress on sorting this thing out?

The problem still persists and file sharing is unusable for me if the preview colors aren't close to accurate.

Let me know - Thanks, Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

The investigation is still ongoing. They are close to identifying the root cause. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

I'll update this thread when a fix is released.

Thanks,
Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, and look forward to its resolution.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only person experiencing this issue, as my hours spent on the telephone with tech support last week were not productive. 

Thanks,

Angela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This STILL hasn't been fixed. It's causing a lot of problems in my approval workflow as my clients see the over saturated/innaccurate color in the preview and are thinking that it's correct.

A perfect example is http://adobe.ly/1pIeGwT

If you look at it in the browser it's over saturated and the color is shifted. If you download the PDF the colors are correct.

This needs to be fixed ASAP, it's been over a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

This issue should now be resolved.  Please re-upload the affected PDFs to confirm that the colors now look as expected.

Sorry for the long delay in fixing this issue.

Thanks,
Elba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines