Highlighted

Highest OS that can open up CS 5?

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have OS 10.12.6 Sierra which works well with my InDesign 5.5, PS 5.1 and Ill 5.1. I would like to upgrade my OS to at least 10.13 High Sierra, if not higher. 

Do you know what the highest version of Cc 5  that I can run without error issues?

Also, if I upgrade my OS and get CS 2020, will I be able to open up my CS 5 files without error?

Thak you for your attention.

Topics

Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Highest OS that can open up CS 5?

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have OS 10.12.6 Sierra which works well with my InDesign 5.5, PS 5.1 and Ill 5.1. I would like to upgrade my OS to at least 10.13 High Sierra, if not higher. 

Do you know what the highest version of Cc 5  that I can run without error issues?

Also, if I upgrade my OS and get CS 2020, will I be able to open up my CS 5 files without error?

Thak you for your attention.

Topics

Creative Cloud, File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Officially, compatibility for CS5 ended at El Capitan or maybe it was Maverick, I can't remember.  As to whether or not it will run on High Sierra or Mojave is anybody's guess.  It might work or it might not.  That's the risk you take with outdated, unsupported software.

I can tell you for certain that Creative Suite won't run on Catalina which ended support for 32-bit apps. 

Yes, Creative Cloud products can open older CS files.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines