• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I relocate my Creative Cloud folder from my computer to an External Hard Drive?

Participant ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just accepted to be part of the early users of the sync function with Creative Cloud and would like to use it but do not want to take up any of my computer's hard drive space. I would like to move the Creative Cloud folder to an external HD. How can I do this?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

From the Creative Cloud desktop application open the Preferences dialog. Select the Files tab and change the Folder location to the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was this not answered because its an obvious question or because you can't? I think thats a reasonable request I love the idea of the creative cloud folder but I don't have 20gbs of storage on my local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Creative Cloud desktop application open the Preferences dialog. Select the Files tab and change the Folder location to the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any risk with file use if the original files are in located in the CC folder on an external hard drive?

Dropbox does not offer consistent compatibility with an external drive, and before I migrate all my files to the CC folder to enable cloud backup, I'd like to know that I can definitely rely on CC on an external drive.

Thx for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey....i have no computer. No hard drive to back it too. People around here are janky. Stealin a girls broken ol laptop...what am I supposed to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not actually work. It just reverts to the original, even though it says it has a new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to move the libraries located on my c-drive to an other drive,...HOW!

They are growing rapidly and im getting in trouble have a full c-disk on which my system (win10() is installed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines