• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I transfer ownership in shared files?

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the situation – I created a shared folder of assets for a company that I worked for. They eventually opened their own Adobe account in which I shared these files to. I no longer work for them and would like to transfer ownership of the files to the other collaborator/their account so that I can remove these files from my personal CC account. I see their notifications, it takes up my storage, etc.

I spoke to an Adobe agent about this who, unfortunately, wasn't able to find a solution or recommend anything.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for what I can do!

Cheers.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

@kpolsie - There is not a direct way to transfer ownership, but there is a workaround. The limitation of this workaround is that any comments on files will not transfer, just the files.

You can open the Collaborate dialog and click Remove all users. This will end the folder sharing. Then do Send Link and send the public url of the folder to someone in the company. The person in the company can open the public url and click Save to Creative Cloud. That person will now be the owner of their own cop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kpolsie - There is not a direct way to transfer ownership, but there is a workaround. The limitation of this workaround is that any comments on files will not transfer, just the files.

You can open the Collaborate dialog and click Remove all users. This will end the folder sharing. Then do Send Link and send the public url of the folder to someone in the company. The person in the company can open the public url and click Save to Creative Cloud. That person will now be the owner of their own copy of the folder. This person can then create a new Collaboration. You can then Archive and Permanently Delete your copy of the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost a similar problem.

But I do need the links to the files to stay as they are. (we are using them in order to create documentation)

Is there a way to keep the same links and change the owner as suggested?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not able to simply change a file owner is a five year old problem and still no resolution.  Preserved Comments and Prototype links are essential for business continuity.   Please Adobe get this basic feature developed! You are causing tons of frustration for teams when go on vacation, or leave the project and/or organization. Here's the Feature Request from your users

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38308750-change-ow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed, it's totally unacceptable to not have this feature. This issue is NOT solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines