• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I view my Creative Cloud Files on my iOS device?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I recently turned on file sync in my Creative Cloud app, and like the WEB UI overall.  I'm considering permanently switching to CC from Dropbox.  The one thing I can't seem to find is a CC iOS application.  Are we seriously expected to browse our files via mobile device on a browser? There is no app?

Excerpt from Adobe Site:

"Your Adobe Creative Cloud account comes with online storage so that your files are available to you anywhere and on any device or computer. You can preview many creative file types directly in a web browser on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. These file types include: PSD, AI, INDD, JPG, PDF, GIF, PNG, Photoshop Touch, Ideas, and others."

Edit: I just tried using the file explorer via Safari and Chrome on my iPhone 5s and the scrolling is completely broken, I can only see the first few folders, and am unable to scroll down for the rest.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Hi

I hope this answers your questions regarding Creative Cloud for iOS Adobe Creative Cloud on the App Store on iTunes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not everybody (such as me) knows the meaning of ios... you need to provide more details when asking a question

Touch Apps may be what you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

According to Adobe's site, excerpt above.  I can preview many creative file types directly in a web browser on my computer, tablet, or smartphone.  I am basically looking to view my creative cloud files exactly like I would on the website.  I just want to be able to navigate through my files, show them to people on the go, and create public links and e-mail if I need to.  Cloud file synching services such as Google Drive & Dropbox have mobile applications for smartphones to be able to perform these tasks.

These smartphones are made by a number of manufacturers and there are two major operating systems that are used on these phones.  There is Android and iOS.  I am attempting to take advantage of this feature via my iPhone 5s runing iOS.

My questions are:

1. Why is there no mobile application for Android and iOS that will allow me to browse my Adobe Creative Cloud files?  When can we expect one.

2. Why can't I properly browse my Creative Cloud Files "directly in a web browser on my tablet or smartphone" as advertised.  If you attempt to do this on any smartphone you will probably find that the navigation is broken like I did on my iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests

2 - did you click the Touch Apps link I provided?

3 - Adobe contact information - http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I'll make sure to do that

2. The Touch Apps do not help me with the functionality I am looking for.

3. I contacted Adobe Support and received no help, transcript below:

General Info
Chat start time Jun 9, 2014 1:25:10 PM EST
Chat end time Jun 9, 2014 2:01:47 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:36:37
Operator Nalini

Chat Transcript
info: Hi, we are currently helping other customers in line ahead of you. We'll be with you as soon as possible.

While you wait, you can try our community forums where experts are online 24/7.

info: You are now chatting with 'Nalini'
Bart: hello?
Nalini: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
Nalini: how can i help you
Bart: Hi, I am trying to access my Creative Cloud files as outlined in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html via my Apple iPhone but the feature is broken.
Bart: I cannot scroll through my files
Bart: Is there, or will there be a mobile application in order to access these files correctly?
Nalini: okkk
Nalini: give a min
Nalini: which application are you trying to access through your mobile
Bart: Creative Cloud Files
Nalini: hi you wont be able to use this feature on your i phone
Nalini: 'for this you have to use a desktop or laptop
Bart: But you website clearly states that this is available on any mobile device:
Bart: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-files.html
Nalini: ok let me double check this
Nalini: what is the extension of the file you are trying to view
Bart: I'm not trying to view any files in particular, I am just trying to browse through the files via my device and I cannot even scroll down.
Bart: Navigating through this site via mobile device seems to be broken, I have tried both Safari and Chrome on my iPhone.
Nalini: ok ,,,.
Nalini: do you see a scrol bar or you dont even see a scroll bar
Bart: I can see a scroll bar but the site will only allow me to scroll down 3 or 4 folders, the rest of the folders are cut off and not accessible.
Nalini: ok ...
Nalini: could you please try to scroll with two fingers as it s not the problem with the abobe product 
Bart: I have tried with two fingers, it's still not functioning. It a problem with the way the web page was designed to function on a mobile device.
Nalini: its not the problem with adobe product
Bart: Is this the extent of your support?
Nalini: this is not in our support boundry
Bart: So you are telling me that you can access Creative Cloud Files with 5+ folders via iPhone 5s and you are able to scroll and view all folders?
Nalini: adobe product are html 5 supported product
Nalini: so this is not an isue from our end
Nalini: you can once seek help from apple store
Bart: But you have not actually tested it? So you don't know if there is a bug correct?
Nalini: yes but all the adobe product are as i said html 5 suppoted
Nalini: so it will not give you an error in scrolling
Bart: But you have not tested it, so you don't know if there is a bug right?
Bart: There could be a bug in the html but you don't know that do you?
Nalini: taht can be
Nalini: that*
Bart: Ok, well this is the issue I'm reporting
Nalini: okkk..
Nalini: will report this to my managment
Nalini: is there any thing else i may help you with
Bart: I guess not
Nalini: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to wait until June 18th (Announcing the 2014 Release of Adobe Creative Cloud – Live Event! | ProDesignTools) Perhaps, a mobile application for Creative Cloud Files will be released then.  If not, I'll probably stick with one of the other third party cloud storage solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I hope this answers your questions regarding Creative Cloud for iOS Adobe Creative Cloud on the App Store on iTunes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines