• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can you reschedule the Creative Cloud app update process permanently?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Services update process absoultely kills my machine when it's running. My screen flickers multiple times the PC becomes unresponsive to the mouse and keyboard (extreme lag). I have a fairly powerful PC ( i9-9900K, 64 GB RAM) and it amazes me how this process just kills my machine.

Is there anyway to reschedule this task to run off hours to prevent interuptions in my productivity? I cannot find any process in the Task Scheduler related to this and I cannot find any setting in preferneces other than to turn auto updates off.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

there's no scheduling inherent to the cc desktop app but you can disable* auto-updates and then, after you're notified updates are available and you can take a computer break, update your apps.

* file>preferences>apps>updates

kglad_0-1617199392359.png

if you want to disable the cc desktop app's auto-update,  file>preferences>general>

kglad_1-1617199467037.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there's no scheduling inherent to the cc desktop app but you can disable* auto-updates and then, after you're notified updates are available and you can take a computer break, update your apps.

* file>preferences>apps>updates

kglad_0-1617199392359.png

if you want to disable the cc desktop app's auto-update,  file>preferences>general>

kglad_1-1617199467037.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines