How do I Disable file sync?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I Want to disable File sync in Adobe creative cloud desktop.

It would be greate if u provide a document to disable file sync.

kindly help me to disable file sync in creative cloud desktop.  

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanth 

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020
Open the CC DTA and click the Cloud Icon in the tool bar (Upper right hand side of the window) Then Click the Pause icon.

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the CC DTA and click the Cloud Icon in the tool bar (Upper right hand side of the window) Then Click the Pause icon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled sync, but Creative Cloud gives me a "File syncing error" everytime I start my computer and the red dot stays on the taskbar icon. Any ideas on how to stop this "error"? Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this turn it off permanently? Or will it restart when I restart my computer for example? 

If not, how do you turn it off permanently?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not disable file sync it just pauses it. How do you remove Creative Cloud file sync? I have cloud services through another provider, I don't want the service running, and I don't want the CC share shown on my file browser. In previous versions of CC you could disable but this feature has been removed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all honesty it doesn't look like you can shut it off entirely but I created a dummy folder with nothing in it to keep it from actually running anything when I do have to restart.  I figured this would be an easier path than trying to remember to pause it constantly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update on this to turn it off? Seems odd to only have a pause option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud running on two devices. I use one device for Photoshop where I also utilize Creative Cloud syncing for PSDs, etc. On the other device I use Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Audition for video editing. This computer has limited internal space and I use an external SSD for all project files. I do not want my Creative Cloud files syncing to this computer or to it's eternal SSD. I currently have valuable space taken up by Creative Cloud files on my video computer but I do not want to remove the files from the cloud just so they don't sync to this device. I need the ability to select what device does and doesn't sync to be added to the CC app. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to pause sync on the device you don't want it to sync on.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines