• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download folders or multiple files from Cloud to my desktop?

Advocate ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent so much time trying to figure out how to do this basic function. Downloading multiple files from Cloud Documents should be a straightforward basic operation. The idea that I would have to open each file one at a time to download is RIDICULOUS. It is totally putting me off using Cloud apps and documents. What am I missing? Is there something I don't understand?

dv8kiwi_0-1610998971564.png

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they should be sync'd with a local folder and already on each computer you use to sign in to cc.

On any of those computers open your cc desktop app click file > preferences > sync and check the sent folder..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. "Synced Files" are synced. As I would expect.

I am talking about "Cloud Documents"

dv8kiwi_0-1610998835203.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cloud documents are handled differently.  they're to be used for mobile to desktop and back files, not as non-local mass storage.

you might find this informative though i doubt you'll be happy to learn you can't manipulate cloud document files like cc files or dropbox files, Creative Cloud Storage: Where Does It Go? | CreativePro Network

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. You are right I'm not happy. I'm not talking about manipulating, just downloading more than one at a time to my desktop. If one can be downloaded why not more? It presents a ridiculously unmanageable situation when there are many files and folders and you want to, for example, retrieve them if you are ending your CC subscription. Oh. Of course that is how Adobe planned it to keep us captive.

I now even more than ever just don't trust Adobe's idea of "cloud storage" at all. I would never use Lightroom CC. Or rely on mobile apps if my files are effectively locked in the cloud with a CC subscription being the only way to access them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i agree but i don't think there's a way to handle cloud documents that way.  (it's even worse than that, but you don't need to hear my complaints.)

you can make suggestions to adobe here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html to make the handling of cloud documents like non-local storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines