Copied

how do I save a pdf file in the cloud so I can edit it

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF files are not meant to be edited and whatever you plan on doing will require a better explanation. It could be necessary to rasterize the entire file in Photoshop and work on teh resulting pixel data, but we realyl can't know without more details...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tfujimagari,

Please login to http://creative.adobe.com in order to save your files in creative cloud storage and you can upload files by clicking on upload.

Regards,

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium wrote:

PDF files are not meant to be edited

Mylenium

Really? Prepress is doomed then.

You have to save any file to your hard drive first, then upload it to the cloud. Then you can pull it down from the cloud and edit with lets say a program like Illustrator. Then you have to upload the edited PDF to the cloud.

If you read or heard that you can save to the cloud and work on files on the cloud you have been mislead like the rest of us.

Hope this helps.

PS: PDF files are very editable, 30 years of PostScript developement. PDF=PostScript

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It that still true?

I am attempting to set up a cloud space where PDF's are uploaded for clients to add comments to. i don't want multiple versions of the same file, just 1 file with everyones comments saved to it.

Opinions invited please.

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having been deceived by Adobe's CCloud can and can't do, We are testing it out in projects VERY CAREFULLY.

I have a similar interest in in keeping the comments with the PDF client. Here what I have discovered so far from our own personal hands on real world work.

So here is what happens if you just upload another PDF let say Rev 2 the comments of Rev one stay with Rev 1 and Rev 2 starts new comments. That's ok for some of my proofing needs with clients. However...

In another scenario we want to keep all the comments with the PDF as it goes through design phases for this we have been using the "replace" feature of the of the Web interface on the CCloud. We are encountering some problems as we are not all on the same team. This could be the root of our issue and the complete workflow is still InDesign to PDF Proof with multiple cloud users that are not on a team. You can't add a single account user to your team without paying for a full "team" account on top of the current single account users that we already bought for the designer and client and photographer and copy writers and printers.

We felt ripped off paying for a years worth of "team" accounts and no folder sharing. The worst part was the no comment from Adobe over the issue, hence that lack of trust with Adobe's claims and lack of detailed information in a comprehensible format. We will not pay for another team account ever again. The Single user account has all the same software for less money. We have our own cloud environment as Adobe pulled the rug out from under us as we demonstrated the cloud environment to our clients they were shutting it down without any advance notice. We looked like fools to our clients and Adobe will have to put some reliable effort in proving they can be trusted.

Dmann90 aka Daniel C. Walters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience on this subject. I feel that Adobe has misled customers with the benefits of having a Team account and after some testing, I have the opinion that the CC Cloud is only an online storage space with limited capacity.

Adobe need to learn from the Quark experience.

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

just as an FYI, folder sharing is very much a feature now - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/collaboration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines